IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg 4/23
4/24/22, 3:59 PM   #31
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Burg don't charge to use a quad.
No stupid membership fee or transponder rental either.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jjhughes76, luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69
4/24/22, 5:02 PM   #32
Milly

😂😂
Last edited by Milly; 4/24/22 at 5:20 PM.

4/24/22, 5:10 PM   #33
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly View Post
You can’t be talking about LPS when you said they just watered over last weeks surface????? I know for a fact they work the track all week long. Get you information straight on what track post you are on. 😂😂
This post is about the burg so I do have my info straight.

4/24/22, 5:27 PM   #34
Re: Burg 4/23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I think we'd all be surprised to know how close many tracks including the successful ones are to closing the gates> Their cost have gone up 30/50% too not including the purse. Hell my electric bill at home has doubled in two years. and my tank has gone from 24 dollars to fifty to fill..

I've had three promoters tell me they don't make a dime and usually lose on a regular show and lose big if the show starts but can't be completed. All those fans and teams get back in for free but the leases utilities, insurance payroll and prep cost etc all still have to be paid.

1 member likes this post: Ricks Pics
4/24/22, 10:06 PM   #35
oldfan49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I think we'd all be surprised to know how close many tracks including the successful ones are to closing the gates> Their cost have gone up 30/50% too not including the purse. Hell my electric bill at home has doubled in two years. and my tank has gone from 24 dollars to fifty to fill..

I've had three promoters tell me they don't make a dime and usually lose on a regular show and lose big if the show starts but can't be completed. All those fans and teams get back in for free but the leases utilities, insurance payroll and prep cost etc all still have to be paid.

Go to the "mostly motorsports" podcast and listen to the interview with the promoter of Bulls Gap tell how he lost money on the Kyle Larson race and why he closed the track down after that race

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
4/24/22, 11:07 PM   #36
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan49 View Post
Go to the "mostly motorsports" podcast and listen to the interview with the promoter of Bulls Gap tell how he lost money on the Kyle Larson race and why he closed the track down after that race
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-m...orts-89320713/

2 members like this post: MBoersma, oldfan49
4/26/22, 12:05 AM   #37
flagboy55

I listened to some of the interview on this podcast with the current promoter Vic Hill. While I have not yet finished it it sounds like there’s plenty more to the reason it wasn’t profitable for him. Lot’s of infrastructure issues

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg 4/23