IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daum wins Pepsi Nat'ls
9/3/13, 9:53 AM   #11
Re: Daum wins Pepsi Nat'ls
hungthrottlepodcast

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 20

Also, could somebody tell me why Kuhn was choked up at the end. I couldn't understand what was being said.

9/3/13, 10:44 AM   #12
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungthrottlepodcast View Post
Also, could somebody tell me why Kuhn was choked up at the end. I couldn't understand what was being said.
I beleive that was his last race at Angell Park. He is going to retire after this year's Chilli Bowl.

9/3/13, 5:36 PM   #13
midgetmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
I beleive that was his last race at Angell Park. He is going to retire after this year's Chilli Bowl.
I don't think he will retire completely. A smart car owner will put him in a car for big shows and take care of him. Congrats to Brad, Mary and kids on winning his 4th Badger championship. I think all of them sacrificed something to make this happen. Well done Brad , You the "MAN"

4 members like this post: badgerfan, racenut69, vitron, Vukie
9/3/13, 9:44 PM   #14
Gapinski

The 1995 race (clean sweep by Kevin Doty) was televised on the Prime TV Network.

9/3/13, 11:05 PM   #15
PPM Racing

If they had not worked the track, it would have more than likely taken rubber pretty quick.

2 members like this post: dirtball
9/4/13, 1:22 PM   #16
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungthrottlepodcast View Post
As a fan who was there in the stands, it was a great night of racing over all. It was nice to see a lot of cars there in the other divisions as well. And I thought the crowd was good. Hopefully the promoter had a good night between the back gate and the front gate. As a race fan I want Angell Park Speedway to prosper.

As always the midgets put on a heck of a show, whether there are 18 or 30 cars. Daum did a great job of staying smooth the entire race, except for the victory flap jacks.

Maybe somebody could clue me in on the track conditions. It seemed like it was a difficult track. I have never seen the track grade the surface just before the A-main. What was the purpose in doing this and did it make for that giant cushion that guys were having difficulty with?
I was watching from the infield between 3 & 4. There didnt appear to be a real big actual cushion. The high side just looked more inconsistant than anything. Every lap more and more was rolled up. The track was real racy for the feature. But I think them grading the track was what caused that inconsistancy on the top side. Tearing it up didnt help the track as much as people think it did. They basically just tore up pieces of the track and packed them back ontop of rubber. It was all gone after a couple laps. All those pieces ended up on the top side. Both Armstrong and Hagen were running the same laps most of the race and all that loose stuff up there just bit them

9/4/13, 5:33 PM   #17
hungthrottlepodcast

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 20

Thanks for the replies.

9/8/13, 9:53 AM   #18
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
I was at that 1990 race, SRO that night.
I wish it was 1990 at Sun Prairie!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daum wins Pepsi Nat'ls