IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who Is the 'Faster Pastor?'
8/13/20, 9:37 AM   #1
Who Is the 'Faster Pastor?'
LindaKMansfield

Clergy to Drive School Buses in Special Race
Friday Night at Gas City I-69 Speedway
To Determine Who Is the ‘Faster Pastor’

GAS CITY, Ind., Aug. 13 – Four Indiana clergy members will test their skills driving school buses in a special “Faster Pastor” race during the “Mid-Summer Showdown” tomorrow night at Gas City I-69 Speedway.

Brock Meyer, lead pastor of Fairmount Friends Church; Kevin Greenlee, senior minister of Unity Christian Church in Marion; Jared Webb, assistant pastor of Lakeview Wesleyan Church in Marion, and James McKinnie, men’s program minister for the Grant County Rescue Mission in Marion have agreed to compete in the special event during intermission. The quartet will drive school buses in a four-lap dash around the quarter-mile dirt oval to determine the bragging rights in the annual event.

The winning pastor will receive a $500 donation to his church, and the pastor with the loudest supporters will also be granted a $500 donation from the speedway.

Webb may have an advantage, as he’s the only clergy member returning from last year’s event.

Charles Riley, senior pastor of Abundant Life Church in Kokomo and Westfield, led wire to wire to win the special “Faster Pastor” school bus race last year.

A 25-lap non-wing sprint car feature, a 20-lap modified feature, a 15-lap street stock feature and a 15-lap hornet feature will headline the program.

The pit gate opens at 3 p.m. and the grandstands at 5 p.m. Hot laps start at 6:30 p.m. and the racing begins at 7:30 p.m.

An adult general admission costs $15, while kids 12 and under are free. A pit pass is $30. Tickets will be available at the speedway's ticket office Friday night.

Gas City I-69 Speedway is located on State Road 22, approximately a half-mile west of I-69, exit 259.

The complete 2020 schedule is on the track’s website at GasCityI69Speedway.com. Fans and competitors can also follow it on Twitter: @GasCitySpeedway; Instagram: @GasCitySpeedway and Facebook: GasCitySpeedwayOnTheGas.
Attached Images
Buses.jpg (280.0 KB, 22 views)

8/13/20, 7:58 PM   #2
JarrettFarms73

I’m not a pastor but have spent time as our Worship Team “leader”. Any chance i can get in on this action at a future date? Although we got rid of our bus a few years ago. That may creat an issue... Love the idea!!!

1 member likes this post: racenut69
8/14/20, 1:09 PM   #3
Re: Who Is the 'Faster Pastor?'
OnTheGas61

Race Count This Year: 12
Race Count Last Year: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
I’m not a pastor but have spent time as our Worship Team “leader”. Any chance i can get in on this action at a future date? Although we got rid of our bus a few years ago. That may creat an issue... Love the idea!!!
Close enough! We'd love to have you in a future "slobberknocker!"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who Is the 'Faster Pastor?'