IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > If you could build a new track...
9/28/11, 4:06 PM   #1
If you could build a new track...
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

Lets say you have unlimited rescorces to build a brand new state of the art facility, BUT it had to be modeled after a track that was shut down years ago, what track would it be modeled after, and what amenities would it have? Also where would it be located.

Personally I would build a mile in the model of Langhorne pre-paving... It would have Safer Barriers, a medical center, a tunnel under the track, with a modern style pit road , and garages, for potential use with higher forms of racing. Super fast, and indelibly tacky... I would build it in the California to replace the race that was lost at Cal Expo years ago.

1 member likes this post: ROCKY
9/28/11, 4:20 PM   #2
Re: If you could build a new track...
10_Racing

Manzi!

3 members like this post: Danny Burton, I Miss Manzy, Mud Packer
9/28/11, 4:29 PM   #3
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthegas7j View Post
Lets say you have unlimited rescorces to build a brand new state of the art facility, BUT it had to be modeled after a track that was shut down years ago, what track would it be modeled after, and what amenities would it have? Also where would it be located.

Personally I would build a mile in the model of Langhorne pre-paving... It would have Safer Barriers, a medical center, a tunnel under the track, with a modern style pit road , and garages, for potential use with higher forms of racing. Super fast, and indelibly tacky... I would build it in the California to replace the race that was lost at Cal Expo years ago.
Can't decide if it would be Dayton Speedway or Cincinnati Race Bowl. I cut my racing teeth as a kid at those tracks. I would like to try to recreate the magic of those joints.

1 member likes this post: Danny Burton
9/28/11, 4:30 PM   #4
mortboyz

Little Springfield....with beer stands and restrooms on the front stretch, turn one and the back stretch!

5 members like this post: billwill7, dirtnonwingfan, mscs20, Pitstooge, SpfldMile
9/28/11, 4:43 PM   #5
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

What kind of beer you gonna serve Morty ?

9/28/11, 4:44 PM   #6
lazyifoto

I would save my money for my retirement and I would buy a nice Camper/bus and I would go watch all the races I wanted to see....and still be money ahead........but thats just me and I know its not the answer you were looking for.......

2 members like this post: Drtchsr, mowerman
9/28/11, 5:08 PM   #7
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
What kind of beer you gonna serve Morty ?
Free?

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

2 members like this post: Drtchsr
9/28/11, 5:23 PM   #8
48modracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthegas7j View Post

Are there any drivers left that would have enough stones to race a track like Langhorne today? Watching races from Langhorne on Dick Walden's videos leave me shaking my head wondering how more of them weren't hurt at that place.

9/28/11, 6:05 PM   #9
oldtimer

The mile at Trenton, NJ. (pre dog leg) and Dirt! With all the modern safety features and lights.

9/28/11, 6:18 PM   #10
ASPHALT24

I would build a track similar to Winchester somewhere out west, possibly Phoenix. Strictly open-wheel events. No heavy stock cars tearing up the surface. Sprints, midgets, west coast supers, IMCA type modifieds. Start out first several seasons as a specials only track. Cater to the fans & sponsors in every way. Try and build it into a weekly track over time. Have concerts, auto shows, automotive swap meets to help subsidize the racing & keep the venue profitable.

1 member likes this post: Seadog
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > If you could build a new track...