IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mo Vaughn Transport / BOSS Schedule Release
1/13/16, 8:30 PM   #11
Re: Mo Vaughn Transport / BOSS Schedule Release
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
the track in liberty was called whitewater valley for many many years before changing to union county. a very hard place to promote!!!
I knew it used to be called Whitewater Valley, that's why I said re-re-name...
Good to hear there will be some shows there this year; I had fun running with the Midgets last year, even though only one show ran to completion out of 4 attempts (2 rainouts, one gen-out and the complete show was delayed by generator issues too).
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1/13/16, 9:15 PM   #12
racefan20

Is the rebar still sticking out of the fence?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1/13/16, 10:21 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Everything but the half buried grader outside turn one was addressed that night before a car took the track. and this was what? 6years ago?

1/13/16, 11:38 PM   #14
hupp#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Here we go again always someone to bash a race track somewhere.. If I remember right sprint cars did not have cages at one point and no one complained about that most drivers did not like when they put the cage on.. Would I drive one with out a cage? No . But point is racing will never be a safe thing there is always danger that is part of it so if you truly love the sport go out and support your local track don't bash it none of them are perfect or perfectly safe but that's the chance we take

1/14/16, 8:33 AM   #15
racefan20

Guys I wasnt talking about the race you are which is the one Barhorst promoted. I was there at a race before that where rebar WAS sticking out of the fence and the owner refused to clip it off. They raced anyway and I havent been there since. If you want to risk your life Logan that is certainly up to you but when it comes to safety I am going speak up. Flame me if you want I dont care. I go to over 50 races a year, every year so dont tell me I dont support or love the sport. Last time I looked there was freedom of speech in this country.....isnt there?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1/14/16, 8:39 AM   #16
TKRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
the track in liberty was called whitewater valley for many many years before changing to union county. a very hard place to promote!!!
I have never been to this place. what makes it so hard to promote? Serious question. Not trying to be a smart a**

1/14/16, 11:02 AM   #17
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

I think one of the biggest issues is it's perched up on a hill, and the access road is a narrow, steep, single-track concrete "driveway" that is difficult for passenger cars to negotiate, let alone race car haulers. The racing surface has quite a few rocks in it, but it's a good size and can be pretty racy, so nothing that can't be remedied. It seemed like Billy tried to do some positive things last year but the rainouts probably contributed to his inability to get the generator working; I'm sure it must have hurt his operating margin. Last year was the first time I'd seen the track but it looked like the facilities were in the process of being improved, and with a few more changes it could be a really nice race track.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1/14/16, 11:44 AM   #18
sprinter14

One of the benefits of drivers racing with a sanctioned series is that we really try hard to do our homework. I personally visit all new tracks added to our schedule. One year ago, anyone who follows me or the series on social media may remember that I made 3 trips to Legendary Hilltop in Marietta, Ohio posting several photos showing that we were preparing the track for sprints. We also take Bobby Gompf and his safety crew from the Burg with us every chance we get!

As for Whitewater, everyone wants to bring up issues from a cancelled midget race there several years ago. Please remember that this place had a great promoter in 2014 who worked his ass off to break even. He made a lot of changes and improvements. BOSS ran there that season and anyone who was in attendance that night will tell you it was a great show with 35 non wing sprints and a slide job battle for the ages between one of BOSS's best and one of USAC's best and our "Lightning" Logan Hupp prevailed.

The last time we raced there, the infamous grader was nowhere to be found off turn 1. The rebar had been cut back from the wall. The issues were addressed prior to a BOSS show and we will do the same (if there are any issues) before we run there again. Bobby Gompf's safety crew has already been contracted to travel with BOSS to this event and several others.

Thank you all for supporting the BOSS series. Besides bring Whitewater back from a one year absence, we have added two awesome facilities at Attica Raceway Park on Friday, July 8th and the most prestigious late model track, Portsmouth Raceway Park on Saturday, July 23rd. PRP is the annual host of the $100,000 to win dirt track world championship. Both new additions are top notch facilities and I STILL visit them prior to a BOSS show to cover everything from safety, to scoring, to push trucks.

See you all at the tracks VERY soon!

Aaron Fry
BOSS

1/14/16, 11:57 AM   #19

B.O.S.S. isn't the only series to do the above things, but that whole statement in general (from the series founder / owner / operator himself), along with the mindset and behind the scenes work that goes with it- is why drivers and fans both love this series... Very easy thing to spot when someone gets it right- hard to do!
Last edited by 6565; 1/14/16 at 11:58 AM.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Charles Nungester, jjones752
1/14/16, 5:20 PM   #20
Sprintcarfanatic

If you have a weather app that you can zoom in & out with you can see the place pretty good. Roofs on the buildings look fairly new & the track itself looks like it has long straights.

jjones do you come in from the wooded side ? Indiana 44 or Snake hill Rd..

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mo Vaughn Transport / BOSS Schedule Release