IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown & Gas City. Should be a good field of cars.
4/21/18, 10:24 AM   #51
Re: Brownstown & Gas City. Should be a good field of cars.
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
The pr ick that called you out on that would never admit to being wrong.
Is that supposed to be me, or race fan 20? If your going to call some one names you should at least be man enough to say who. While I think 32 cars is a perfect number, I would guess they were hoping for more with the purse they paid.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 4/21/18 at 2:26 PM. Reason: added question mark

3 members like this post: Augie, opnwhlmnd, Pat O'Connor Fan
4/21/18, 11:33 AM   #52
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Is that supposed to be me, or race fan 20. If your going to call some one names you should at least be man enough to say who. While I think 32 cars is a perfect number, I would guess they were hoping for more with the purse they paid.
Maybe they would've gotten more if it hadn't been a reschedule. 32 at one and 22 at the other is a pretty Good Friday night though. Happy about that. Enjoyed the night at brownstown. Had to go there because it's closer for me. Will go support gas city when I have time sometime.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Pat O'Connor Fan
4/21/18, 11:34 AM   #53
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch138 View Post
I'm confused the mean grean trailer in the pits but no 69 car anyone know what's up with that?
That's Kevin Thomas Jr's hauler wrapped with mean green stickers. The DH 63 would have been what was racing out of that rig last night

4/21/18, 11:57 AM   #54
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The Hoffman/Mean Green Sponsorship goes with USAC races as their primary.
Im guessing that he also has Dooling/Hayward help for other things.

I don't know why Brady Bacon isn't in the 63. I do know he never got comfortable with the Spike and he basically said it was good to be back in Triple X and fast last night in interview afterward. When he went to HAR Dick asked him what chassis he wanted and he said he'd been running well with XXX and they won two championships in three years. The second championship they ran the same car at every race.

Brownstown isn't my favorite track, but the fact that moisture was coming back up as the night went on, help that a lot. I never expected KT to be up blasting the top. However the way he was running I think he would have been fast anywhere.

4/21/18, 12:28 PM   #55
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
The Hoffman/Mean Green Sponsorship goes with USAC races as their primary.
Im guessing that he also has Dooling/Hayward help for other things.

I don't know why Brady Bacon isn't in the 63. I do know he never got comfortable with the Spike and he basically said it was good to be back in Triple X and fast last night in interview afterward. When he went to HAR Dick asked him what chassis he wanted and he said he'd been running well with XXX and they won two championships in three years. The second championship they ran the same car at every race.

Brownstown isn't my favorite track, but the fact that moisture was coming back up as the night went on, help that a lot. I never expected KT to be up blasting the top. However the way he was running I think he would have been fast anywhere.
They announced KT's DH 63 as a DRC, not a spike, so I can only assume, that just like the Hoffman car, it's his own personal car. He raced the 63 out of his own mean green hauler at Kokomo too. Gray trailer, mean green vinyl, DH 63 inside the trailer. I think it's just more sponsorship stuff

4/21/18, 12:33 PM   #56
Kydehart

And yes. He was extremely fast all night. Fast at Kokomo too. He's found his comfort level in those DRC, much like Brady in the xxx.

4/21/18, 4:16 PM   #57
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Is that supposed to be me, or race fan 20? If your going to call some one names you should at least be man enough to say who. While I think 32 cars is a perfect number, I would guess they were hoping for more with the purse they paid.
Which one of you made the original comment giving him crap about the car count? Racefan20. I didn’t think it was that hard to figure out who I was referring to, or that I needed to be “man enough” to make it more obvious. If the shoe fits for you, maybe you should wear it.

4/21/18, 4:42 PM   #58
Mrs G
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
Which one of you made the original comment giving him crap about the car count? Racefan20. I didn’t think it was that hard to figure out who I was referring to, or that I needed to be “man enough” to make it more obvious. If the shoe fits for you, maybe you should wear it.
It’s a little early in the season for me to already be reminding everyone of forum rules. Agree...disagree with one another, I don’t care. Please just keep it civil and leave the name calling out of it.

I appreciate your help with this matter!

4/21/18, 4:47 PM   #59
racefan20

Thanks Shondra, see you at the track in a little bit.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, Mrs G, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown & Gas City. Should be a good field of cars.