IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
fourteen fan (Offline)
  #11 6/13/21 9:24 AM
We watched all stars, dream and usac on 3 different devices and not one issue.
Just a suggestion, run a speed test on your internet maybe?
5 Likes: opnwhlmnd, racenut69, tirespinner, trackprep, Will Shunk
Adolph (Offline)
  #12 6/13/21 9:56 AM
Originally Posted by Pete Wright:
Do you really have to use the Lord's name in vain in order to make your point?
Maybe it was a prayer or possibly a petition.
3 Likes: mc/rider, spicoli, tirespinner
Speedmax3 (Offline)
  #13 6/13/21 11:44 AM
I feel sorry for the person doing the interview and the driver. It seems that the wireless microphone never works right. Flo is a great deal and I love the app but it's past time to get the microphone issue resolved!
3 Likes: 95KART, openwheelfan1, tirespinner
racenut69 (Offline)
  #14 6/13/21 11:48 AM
I believe that this is
the real reason....JMO!....
Originally Posted by fourteen fan:
We watched all stars, dream and usac on 3 different devices and not one issue.
Just a suggestion, run a speed test on your internet maybe?

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #15 6/13/21 5:29 PM
Perhaps they ought to try this instead of the obviously weak wireless mic. I say have Tony call Chrissie on his cell phone and then hold his phone to the mic and let Chrissie use her phone as the track mic. Just an idea
Therealether (Offline)
  #16 6/13/21 9:10 PM
Ping and packet loss have more to do with buffering
Crankin (Offline)
  #17 6/14/21 9:27 AM
Yes and no.
Aa i said at the beginning, there were 11 other broadcasts going on at the same time. All 11 were crystal clear except the USAC broadcast…. You could see it was going to be that way before it even came on because that black flo logo they show before the telecast starts was all blurry…And this has happened many times before.

I at times will run 4 different broadcasts at a time, and USAC will be the only one with issues.

Now they fixed the picture issue within the first 1/2 hour, and it was fine the rest of the show. With that said though, the continual “technical” difficulties on USAC races is not only frustrating, but should be kind of embarrassing when compared to a lot of the other broadcasts on flo.

You might think that after making Chrissy, Drake, and others look silly with a system that is obviously flawed (100’s of times), that someone would look into a better way?… And having the luxury to watch all these other races (thanks to Flo), and seeing how flawLESS they operate, there isn’t much of an excuse for the constant issues.
3 Likes: luckybuc97, Therealether, tirespinner
ossuks (Offline)
  #18 6/14/21 10:23 AM
There are grade school kids that know more about technology then this guy, with that being said.....I do know that there are many venues that USAC travels to that the internet reception is weak at best! They are a traveling series, they were in the mountains a couple of times in Pa. But, the guy doing the announcing is becoming one of my favorites. His job is to make every event "the only event to be at that night" and he does extremely well. The problem is just like the ASCOC or WOO guy.....You listen to them 60 plus times a season and you get tired of the same catch phrases ect.... But the majority of the live spectators only hear them a couple times a year and then they are more entertaining! My bet is most would have a different opinion if they only listened to these guys a few times a year. One plus is, both the USAC and ASCOC guys are creative and come up with their own material unlike the KISS intro the WOO use.
3 Likes: opnwhlmnd, Pitdad, Will Shunk
Rick Eaton (Offline)
  #19 6/14/21 11:03 AM
Just my opinion but...

I don't know why the announcers talk so much. Just give me the starting lineups and any relevant info like the numbers of transfers, etc. and shut up. No need for any hype. You already have the butts in the stands and the eyes on the TV screens. And to the best of my knowledge, none of the announcers are professional comedians. They're not as funny as they think that they are. It's even worse when there are 2 in the booth at the same time.

I'm sure that the announcing gig is a tough one. I'm glad that they exist. But for me, "less would be more".
5 Likes: erich45, luckybuc97, Scott Daloisio, tirespinner, Tom23
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #20 6/14/21 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by ossuks:
There are grade school kids that know more about technology then this guy, with that being said.....I do know that there are many venues that USAC travels to that the internet reception is weak at best! They are a traveling series, they were in the mountains a couple of times in Pa. But, the guy doing the announcing is becoming one of my favorites. His job is to make every event "the only event to be at that night" and he does extremely well. The problem is just like the ASCOC or WOO guy.....You listen to them 60 plus times a season and you get tired of the same catch phrases ect.... But the majority of the live spectators only hear them a couple times a year and then they are more entertaining! My bet is most would have a different opinion if they only listened to these guys a few times a year. One plus is, both the USAC and ASCOC guys are creative and come up with their own material unlike the KISS intro the WOO use.
I agree with you about TLP. I like his excitement, he has a great voice, is colorful, humorous and self-deprecating. As far as occasionally mixing up similar appearing cars I can forgive that. He is still learning these teams and cars and you also have to keep in mind he is doing it in split second real time.

So what if he cheer leads and lavishes praise on USAC and dirt track racing. Would you rather he criticize them?

Just my opinion.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
4 Likes: 95KART, dkdorkboy, progressive22, Will Shunk