IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #41 1/6/22 6:59 PM
So sad to read this. I talked to Jim one time and felt like I knew him a lot longer. Was looking forward to meeting the race fan with a cowboy hat. Prayers for Jim and peace.
6 Likes: Chief Wahoo, dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, wildman92
coachmeece (Offline)
  #42 1/6/22 8:56 PM
Well I cant put this in words... I have not posted on here in years but jim was one of my best friends at the races.. we went all over to the party in bean feild at Wayne city to bankers life feild house for the midget race that did not turn out like we hoped.. I have to many great memories and my kids always looked for jim and his cowboy hat.. I have to many great memories of all my race friends togather with jim... love you Jim
13 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, Grocery Guy, luckybuc97, nedra_bahler_835@com, racenut69, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, wildman92, WinglessLovers
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #43 1/6/22 9:03 PM
Rest easy Jim, Will miss you and your presence Not a easy choice but maybe the only one. Way too many friends and acquaintances and racing family on this board including the founder now gone too us.

Charles Nungester
11 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, Grocery Guy, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nathans1012, racenut69, Stevensville Mike, wildman92, WinglessLovers
wildman92 (Offline)
  #44 1/6/22 10:56 PM
Cowboy Jim. You’re one of a kind my friend. We’ve had some amazing times and made a TON of Kodak moments. Always there with a smile, a hug, a smart ass remark, a helping hand, a shot glass full of fireball, an opinion…but at the center of it all, a great big heart and love of people and racing. I will cherish our “fun at the races with Jim and Jen” selfies. And will never ever forget the party in the bean field.

Throughout all of your health challenges you’ve stayed positive and always talked about what you’ll do when you’re feeling better. Most people would’ve given up. You’re a fighter Jim. I’m at peace knowing you’re at peace with what’s to come.

I have to stop now because this is too hard. There are many special people who will be anxious to welcome you to the party beyond the bean field 😉. Not sure who will keep who in line but it’ll be a damn good party. We love you!

Jen Kelley (she/her)
14 Likes: Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nedra_bahler_835@com, racenut69, Rcar, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #45 1/7/22 12:07 AM
Jim Georges,

Class Act. God Speed my Friend!
12 Likes: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, coachmeece, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, wildman92, WinglessLovers
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #46 1/7/22 10:00 AM
Don't know what else there is to say,we talked to Jim last night,he was as Jim is,we laughed, bench raced,lots remember whens,and some tears as well.
He is at peace with himself,confident in his choices,told me he needed to ask a favor,I said yes before he could ask.
We're going to go see him tomorrow,it's gonna be tough but we'll get through it.
I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make an appearance on here.
Thanks for our Friendship over the years Buddy,Love You like a Brother,lots of Kodak Moments,Fire Ball Parties,oh and Thanks for your Service To our Country also.
There will be a Special Lady waiting for you,better grab a chair,she will have your attention for a while.
I'll always remember "Hey You Guys don't leave the Fuxxxxx Cripple behind.",and we never did.
God's Speed Brother.🏁🇺🇲🏁🇺🇲

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
19 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, coachmeece, dirtnonwingfan, Dougherty20, duel, Grocery Guy, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nedra_bahler_835@com, PIT CART, racenut69, Rcar, Russ, tirespinner, wildman92, WinglessLovers
mc/rider (Offline)
  #47 1/7/22 4:10 PM
As atested to by these postings the sadness of your leaving is offset by the richness of your life. God speed my friend

When in doubt Gas It
13 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, duel, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, racenut69, tirespinner, wildman92, WinglessLovers
ronmil (Offline)
  #48 1/8/22 12:10 AM
Glad I was able to rehash our adventures together with you in our phone conversation last night, Jim!
Lots of great memories!
God Speed, brother!

Ron Miller
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, racenut69, wildman92
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #49 1/8/22 12:27 AM
Jim was moved late this afternoon to Linda White Hospice House room 5. This is right next to Deaconess Midtown. Had a wonderful dinner with him and Tony. We even shared a tearful shot of Fireball. Talked racing, racing, and more racing, oh and racing. Staff there is exceptionally nice and promise to meet his needs and make everything as comfortable as possible. There is no limits on visitors, but you must wear a mask. He does have his cell phone, but he usually can’t hear it or has it turned down. He has mentioned so many members on here that I hope I get to meet in the future. If you ever see a guy wearing a Cleveland INDIANS hat with the Wahoo logo on it, please flag me down and introduce yourself. Your all the best and I can’t thank you enough for your support for Jim.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
13 Likes: Agentry10, Charles Nungester, coachmeece, Dirtfan, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nathans1012, nedra_bahler_835@com, opnwhlmnd, racenut69, TQ29m, wildman92, WinglessLovers
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #50 1/8/22 12:40 PM
Jim made a very tough decision and I respect him for it. Pat's father did the same thing this past October as he decided the quality of life was not there anymore and wanted to go out on his own terms. We will all miss Jim very much but he will always be with us in our hearts and memories of our many good times together at the races which he loved. Always enjoyed bench racing with him at LPS and other places and will sorely miss his stories and opinions. God Speed our friend and thanks for the memories!!!!!

Bruce and Pat Eckel
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, erich45, luckybuc97, Rcar, wildman92