IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Crocky Wright has passed on today
12/23/09, 6:21 PM   #1
Crocky Wright has passed on today
aXe

I just got word that Crocky has passed on today.
Rip Crocky you gave it Your best here now You can race them again up there.
aXe

12/23/09, 6:27 PM   #2
Re: Crocky Wright has passed on today
mnigh

Many fond memories of Crocky. I always appreciated his love of UMRA TQs. He'd even pick up a beer can or two along his adventures for me to add to my collection way back when, lol. Thanks Crocky! RIP
Mike Nigh

12/23/09, 6:50 PM   #3
TQ29m

God Speed, old friend, you will be missed, but not forgotten. Crocky always reminded me, of the gentleman that built, "The Worlds Fastest Indian", he traveled the World, to see his friends, and was probably the man that promoted Tony Stewart the most. Keep them stories crankin, Crocky, you are home again. Bob

12/23/09, 7:56 PM   #4
Augie

May God Bless His Soul!
Was beginning to wonder how he was doing, I will miss his stories.

12/23/09, 8:31 PM   #5
Kirk Spridgeon

This is really sad news. Crocky was always a really good friend when I was a little kid. I kept quite a few pictures and things he gave me over the years, including one highlighting all of his wild feats. I've also still got that business card around here somewhere - "The Only Man Fired From the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for Going Too Fast"! He did a lot to help so many guys over the years...

12/23/09, 8:50 PM   #6
racerdog45

Crocky was a neat guy. Always enjoyed seeing him at the races, he was a real friend to the UMRA TQs and will be missed. I always enjoyed talking to him at the 500 collectors show at the speedway motel, usually bought something from him and i have his books signed by him in my bookcase. RIP Crocky, you will be missed!

12/23/09, 8:52 PM   #7
badgerfan

Rest in peace Crocky. I had the honor to meet and talk with him a bit when he was inducted into the Midget Hall of Fame. What a great story teller. He sure "did it his way". God speed!

12/23/09, 9:19 PM   #8
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Rip crocky!

12/23/09, 10:52 PM   #9
TQ97

Sad news! RIP Crocky...always enjoyed him coming by the pits and chatting for a minute. We had a standing joke....he'd come up and ask me with pen and paper in hand, who's driving this 97 tonight? Each night was always a different answer, lol.

12/23/09, 11:52 PM   #10
Butch47265

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ97 View Post
Sad news! RIP Crocky...always enjoyed him coming by the pits and chatting for a minute. We had a standing joke....he'd come up and ask me with pen and paper in hand, who's driving this 97 tonight? Each night was always a different answer, lol.
RIP My dear pal We will miss you at the Dairy Queen, Butch Wilkerson #1

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Crocky Wright has passed on today