IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway Judgement Call
8/18/12, 9:48 AM   #11
Re: Bloomington Speedway Judgement Call
Rpracing1

Rough Driving?? Give me a break.......Happens all the time with NO Call. Just a Racing Incident. Rough Driving penaltys are for incidents that are either flagrant or obvious paybacks. Neither of which apply here. Who ever made this Judgement call, has a bad judgement. Bloomington has to do the right thing now. Lets see if they do.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 8/18/12 at 9:58 AM. Reason: sp.

8/18/12, 9:49 AM   #12
staggerman

If that is rough driving then sure going to be a lot of black flags coming in the future at B-ton. JMO

3 members like this post: jim goerge, jmchenry, Pat O'Connor Fan
8/18/12, 9:53 AM   #13
treecitytornado

It was just hard racing for the last transfer spot! Nothing intentional! JMO
J.T. Stapp

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post:
8/18/12, 10:18 AM   #14
midget96

That has to be the most STUPID call ever made at Bloomington Speedway.

2 members like this post: mikeham73
8/18/12, 10:47 AM   #15
riskybrisky5

The whole point of this post is there should never be judgement calls in racing. If a track is going to make judgement calls they need to be consistent this is the first black flag all year and I have see this happen numerous times and nothing is ever done about it. But for some reason last night they decide to do it without even giving Chase a warning. Chase should have been blacked flagged earlier in the year when he got into Josh Cunningham but was not. Chase and I both were right down there appoligizing that night and we even gave Josh one of our cars to race because we felt that bad. But last night we didn't come appoligize because it was just a racing deal both cars contributed to the out come. I still believe that it all has to do with me complaining to the owners about the track conditions earlier in the night is why it happened. He got so upset with my advice that he said he was going to give me the keys to the water truck so I could work the track the next race. When I was only trying to give them constructive critisizm so we don't chew four tires off in one night like we did the previous week.

8/18/12, 10:54 AM   #16
Racer12

If Briscoe had gotten into him in the back bumper then I could see them making this call. But it was RF to LR contact, the #15 car left the bottom open on the last lap for a transfer spot and Briscoe did his job and took over that real estate. Bad call IMO!

Bob

1 member likes this post:
8/18/12, 10:54 AM   #17
DAD

I would be a little tiffed too. The other car must of had pretty wide left nerf bar or things would have been much different.

In the old days guys would stick their right front in front of the left rear of the car in front of them and back off a little bit, that was usually pay back and quite often put the front car out of the ball park. I did not see that in the video In fact it could be argued the outside car came down and blocked the 9 car.

Honest Dad himself

8/18/12, 11:04 AM   #18
joeracer

Well ive watched this a few times now and i do think this was just hard racing no one was really in the wrong. But if a call would have to be made looks to me like blocking if you go back to the quarter midget days the rules say if the car on the inside right front wheel is half way or forward of the car its blocking but if it is less then half way its charging .

8/18/12, 11:14 AM   #19
nailer

When it happen last night I was watching my car to see if it would restart. Never saw the black flag. Had no idea Chase was flagged over the deal till way later.

It was racing to me.

Sure said a few choice words in the heat of the moment. Who wouldn't?

Was very proud of my driver for keeping his head an putting it in the show. We made a few changes for the feature in the few minutes we had. Boy wish I had them back......lol

Dave Dobbs

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
8/18/12, 11:29 AM   #20
Wrectit

Bloomington QMA...

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, sprintgal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway Judgement Call