IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hope to see wether gone & allow races to happen next weekend
3/28/23, 6:16 PM   #11
hoosierhillbilly

FYI: The Dirtcar modifieds have scratched at Atomic.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
3/29/23, 12:02 AM   #12
cowboyhar69

WoO late models and Xtreme/Poweri midgets at Farmer City Friday/Saturday also canceled.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
3/29/23, 9:57 AM   #13
Re: Hope to see wether gone & allow races to happen next wee
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Here's the forecast for Cincy Area for weekend. Fri washout, sat windy 60* day. Upper thirties overnight. So should be able to run with dryout time. but who knows.

Still waiting on Richies 6000 word midwest opener post.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
3/29/23, 9:00 PM   #14
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Here's the forecast for Cincy Area for weekend. Fri washout, sat windy 60* day. Upper thirties overnight. So should be able to run with dryout time. but who knows.

Still waiting on Richies 6000 word midwest opener post.
That 60 degrees is going to be at 12:01 am. 43-45 degrees by 6 pm. Winds up to 50MPH.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

3 members like this post: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, tirespinner
3/29/23, 10:59 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
That 60 degrees is going to be at 12:01 am. 43-45 degrees by 6 pm. Winds up to 50MPH.

Seen that, But winds are supposed to be down near 20 by 5pm. It was windy at the fall race too

3/30/23, 1:13 AM   #16
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Every track wants to be the first one open but it rarely works out this time of year. I don’t really plan anything till May but I’m going to make an exception for Terre Haute on April 16th. Probably get rained out or freeze my ass off. Wish it was Thursday night of Memorial week.

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Hustlin-Hoosier
3/30/23, 7:53 AM   #17
Charles Nungester

I don't make anyone's decision for them. If the track wants to race if the fan wants to go. GO! I understand either way.

The way things are and went last year, If the tracks raceable, You should race. The four weeks in a row of rainouts etc. are rough on everything.

Lincoln PA speedway already has five races in, With crowds ranging from packed to thin. Last week was thin and port cancelled.

The reason I'll go or not isn't due to cold or wind. But how a family member is doing. I can layer up!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 3/30/23 at 7:54 AM.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing
3/30/23, 1:21 PM   #18
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
With that happening, it wouldn't surprise me if they cancel. I have my grandson for the week starting on Friday. Too cold for him. If this stays the same, I will probably pass. Rain the day before, and very windy will make a decent rack almost impossible to achieve. Don't really want to sit in the cold watching a tire conservation race. Looks like I will have to wait for Bloomington, Haubstadt, and Terre Haute. Kokomo midgets and Sprints the next Friday and Saturday. Followed by $25,000 to win the next afternoon at IRP. Been a long time since my first race of the year was at Bloomington.

3 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
3/30/23, 1:49 PM   #19
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
With that happening, it wouldn't surprise me if they cancel. I have my grandson for the week starting on Friday. Too cold for him. If this stays the same, I will probably pass. Rain the day before, and very windy will make a decent rack almost impossible to achieve. Don't really want to sit in the cold watching a tire conservation race. Looks like I will have to wait for Bloomington, Haubstadt, and Terre Haute. Kokomo midgets and Sprints the next Friday and Saturday. Followed by $25,000 to win the next afternoon at IRP. Been a long time since my first race of the year was at Bloomington.
Brent,

Lincoln Park is now running Sunday starting at 3 PM.

Bruce Eckel

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
3/30/23, 3:39 PM   #20
Ilovedirttrackracing

Our racing family will be in the house until they tell us to stay home. Most of us are only 45 minutes from the burg. Hopefully things will work out and we can get a racing event in. Thanks ❤️

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hope to see wether gone & allow races to happen next weekend