IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racerjim2 (Offline)
  #1 12/24/15 2:25 PM
First of all wishing everyone a Merry Christmass and a great 2016. Second, what has happened to this forum? Where did all the posters go? It's not what it once was for sure.
2 Likes: DAD, REH24
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #2 12/24/15 3:04 PM
For one, it's the time of year when the racing's gone and the activity level always drops. I remember having that discussion with Bill every year. Secondly, the rise of Facebook, Twitter, etc has cut into it some. And we've also over the last several years had a lot of people who only come here when they want to complain about something, like your post for example. There may not be as many as during the peak, but there's still a lot of great people come here on a regular basis to discuss the sport we all love. And a lot of those people meet others like them and I wouldn't even want to try to guess how many friendships were made because of IOW. It may not be perfect, but it's still the best open wheel board out there.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
58 Likes: 64chevy, agar, bighd0522, bn kleen, BrentTFunk, cwfan08, DAD, davidm, dickster, dirt330, dirtball, dirtfan24, DirtHawk92, dirtnonwingfan, dirt_trackgurl006, EBookerFan, erich45, FALCONEDDIE, FishBurger, flagboy55, Flatrightrear, GYATK94, HARFprez, IndyBound, ISF, jerrydt, jim goerge, jscott101, K9Racer, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, Mrs G, OTSNWR, PARKS, PIT CART, racefan20, RadRacer, rapid robert, rclaridge, rdzsprint, RichH, robert gatten, ronmil, Russell Ficklin, skids59, Speedwrench, SpfldMile, spicoli, SprintManDave, Task Force, tdt636, team3521, The Old Coyote, trannyman, turn4, VSneader2, wildman92, WinglessLovers
fish (Offline)
  #3 12/24/15 3:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
It may not be perfect, but it's still the best open wheel board out there.
IOW is not only the best open wheel board out there, it laps the rest of the field.

Merry Christmas to all

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
35 Likes: agar, Bill May, bowbuild, BrentTFunk, cwfan08, DAD, davidm, dirtball, DirtHawk92, dirtnonwingfan, dirt_trackgurl006, Drcracer2, FALCONEDDIE, FishBurger, flagboy55, gearguy, GYATK94, IndyBound, Jerry Shaw, Jesse B, jim goerge, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, Mrs G, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, racefan20, rapid robert, robert gatten, skids59, spicoli, SprintManDave, treecitytornado, turn4, WinglessLovers
DAD (Offline)
  #4 12/24/15 3:24 PM
Jim

First thing of the bat Merry Christmas

I am not too sure but I would have to think IOW is growing. From the response to the Indy Invitational post there are 50,000 people checking the IOW regularly now. Not many boards can hope to have that kind of following.

We need to keep in mind that this is a "Discussion Board" where people go to express their ideas, and compare their idea's with other race lovers in a friendly respectful manor.

Bill Jones
16 Likes: dirt_trackgurl006, fish, FishBurger, flagboy55, interpreter66, Jerry Shaw, jerrydt, jim goerge, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, Mrs G, PIT CART, ronmil, Roy Bleckert, SprintManDave, turn4
Vukie (Offline)
  #5 12/24/15 4:32 PM
Originally Posted by racerjim2:
First of all wishing everyone a Merry Christmass and a great 2016. Second, what has happened to this forum? Where did all the posters go? It's not what it once was for sure.
It all went downhill after Larry .O left!
15 Likes: AERO410SCJA, CRA91, fish, FishBurger, griffithracing, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, jmichels, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, ronmil, Roy Bleckert, Scott Daloisio, Speedracer, TQ97
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #6 12/24/15 5:06 PM
Originally Posted by Vukie:
That dude was certifiable.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
6 Likes: CRA91, FishBurger, jim goerge, ronmil, Scott Daloisio, Vukie
racefan20 (Offline)
  #7 12/24/15 8:51 PM
Originally Posted by Vukie:
Thats not just the post of the year, maybe its the best post I have ever seen here

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
6 Likes: FishBurger, Pat O'Connor Fan, ronmil, tirespinner, TQ97, Vukie
jim goerge (Offline)
  #8 12/25/15 9:00 AM
It may not be perfect, but it's still the best open wheel board out there.
To me, This says it all
12 Likes: DAD, davidm, dirt330, DirtHawk92, fish, FishBurger, Jerry Shaw, mc/rider, Mrs G, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, SprintManDave
Speedwrench (Offline)
  #9 12/25/15 11:44 AM
I'm not sure how many posters on this board also go to HoseHeads, but that board is also way down compared to when I first started going there, probably more so than IOW.
5 Likes: fish, FishBurger, Jerry Shaw, ronmil, Vukie