IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lone survivor seal team 10
5/7/13, 9:45 PM   #1
Lone survivor seal team 10
rockstar5

I was attending a conference over the weekend in PA when they introduced the keynote speaker. I was intrigued by the story he had to tell about his life. He currently has two books out. I did a google search on him when I got home & found a lot of interesting things including a story about his service dog being killed when he returned home. One of the more interesting things is the boot campaign & I'm going to put that link on here. I think everyone knows somebody serving/has served overseas, i personally lost a friend due to ptsd. Just hope people check it out! www.bootcampaign.com

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Jerry Shaw
5/7/13, 9:59 PM   #2
Re: Lone survivor seal team 10
Jerry Shaw

You're lucky. I would definitely like to see Marcus Luttrell speak. People like him are the true heroes and the best America has to offer, IMO. I've been meaning to buy Lone Survivor for a long time. I just haven't gotten around to it.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: 9racing
5/7/13, 10:42 PM   #3
rockstar5

I'm very lucky I had the privilege to hear him speak. The bad thing is I had no clue who he was. He is a true American hero. There are a lot of videos on YouTube about him and what he went through fighting for our country. I think we owe it to him to take a little time out of our busy schedule and learn a little about him and what he has done for us. His brother is also a seal, he is currently on his 11th tour.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/8/13, 7:26 AM   #4
smcpherson

I have read the book Lone survivor. It's is such an amazing story. After all he went through, he chose to go back for another tour.
Thank you to everyone who has served our country.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: DaveP63
5/8/13, 7:47 AM   #5
TQ97

Heard him speak at our work conference in February of 2012.....book is great, but doesn't come close to his speech. Absolutely incredible story and demands a thank you and standing ovation.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/8/13, 4:21 PM   #6
Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
You're lucky. I would definitely like to see Marcus Luttrell speak. People like him are the true heroes and the best America has to offer, IMO. I've been meaning to buy Lone Survivor for a long time. I just haven't gotten around to it.

Jerry
Jerry,

I am not an avid reader but I did get Lone Survivor from the local library, once I started it, I could not put it down. I read it cover to cover. It is an incredible read, and he is an incredible HERO, and so were the ones with him that did not make it home.

I hope someday just to shake his hand and tell him, THANK YOU!

2 members like this post: DaveP63, Jerry Shaw
5/9/13, 2:22 AM   #7
9racing

Ill tell you another absolute stellar read is a book written by the late Chris Kyle.. "American Sniper"

1 member likes this post: RATHER B RACING
5/9/13, 9:37 PM   #8
rockstar5

There is a movie coming out as well

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lone survivor seal team 10