IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Congrats Trevor Bayne!
2/20/11, 6:37 PM   #1
Congrats Trevor Bayne!
Chase Briscoe

Congrats to the Wood Bros. and Trevor Bayne!

2/20/11, 6:40 PM   #2
Bradleyracing86

I hope they get a full season sponsor.. he's a great driver and doesn't seem to be a ******!!""! Not to mention the return of the Woods BROTHERS.!
Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: brian26, IndyBound, mowerman, Mud Packer, skids59
2/20/11, 7:00 PM   #3
Re: Congrats Trevor Bayne!
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

They mentioned he was only planning on running Nationwide for points. Good win. Michael Waltrip fired him last year. His second cup start and he wins the biggest race.

2/20/11, 7:04 PM   #4
motormouthmyers

Was nice to see someone else win. Was disappointed with the tv coverage in that they never interviewed 3rd or 4th place, but talked to 5th and 8th??? Bobby Labonte gave Trevor the push of a lifetime!

2 members like this post: jim goerge, SpfldMile
2/20/11, 7:24 PM   #5
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I love that team winning. Nascar's big spending has forgotten those teams that helped build their sport.

Plus, they have pitted an Indy 500 winning entry with Jim Clark in '65. They are alright in my book.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: buck2, jim goerge
2/20/11, 7:49 PM   #6
racerjim2

I don't keep uo with NASCAR that much. But where did this kid come from? I'd say he had a good coach at Wood Bros.

And whatever happened to Jon Wood? I thought he'd be running that car.

2/20/11, 8:06 PM   #7
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjim2 View Post
I don't keep uo with NASCAR that much. But where did this kid come from? I'd say he had a good coach at Wood Bros.

And whatever happened to Jon Wood? I thought he'd be running that car.
He comes from Knoxville. Tennessee, not Iowa. He started out in pavement late models and moved on to Pro Cup and the Camping World East Series for Dale Earnhardt Inc. Then he raced his first Nationwide race for Jimmy Means (who else just drove for Jimmy Means this weekend?) Sorta seems like Bill Davis and Jimmy Means can pick drivers.

Then Michael Waltrip hired him for Nationwide. Then they fired him after a year and a half because they didn't have a 2011 sponsor. They then let Martin Truex Jr's brother Ryan spend some of their daddy's seafood money wrecking cars as well.

I think he is now actually a Roush development driver, having replaced Colin Braun. Roush seems to let all the good drivers go (not Braun), and hang on to the ones he should let go.

As far as Jon Wood, I remember him having some medical issues, and I think it was blamed on ADD.
Last edited by apexonephoto; 2/20/11 at 8:13 PM.

2/20/11, 8:45 PM   #8
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
He comes from Knoxville. Tennessee, not Iowa. He started out in pavement late models and moved on to Pro Cup and the Camping World East Series for Dale Earnhardt Inc. Then he raced his first Nationwide race for Jimmy Means (who else just drove for Jimmy Means this weekend?) Sorta seems like Bill Davis and Jimmy Means can pick drivers.

Then Michael Waltrip hired him for Nationwide. Then they fired him after a year and a half because they didn't have a 2011 sponsor. They then let Martin Truex Jr's brother Ryan spend some of their daddy's seafood money wrecking cars as well.

I think he is now actually a Roush development driver, having replaced Colin Braun. Roush seems to let all the good drivers go, and hang on to the ones he should let go.

Sure does seem like Bill Davis and Jimmy Means can pick drivers. Bobby Santos put the back up car that Junior leant them after the #52 was destroyed in practice into the Nationwide field without turning a lap before quaifying and then ran a great race for his first time on a superspeedway. Of couse I have been a Bobby Santos fan for years watching him run midgets, supers and USAC. Trevor Bayne caught my interest last year when my daughter and son-in-law named my youngest grandson Trevor. Wouldn't it be great if sponosorship could be found for Bobby to run the full season with Means?

Some how I think todays performance will open some more doors for Trevor in the Cup Series, may not be a full time ride this year but he is definitely one of the stars of the future. How does winning the Daytona 500 and Nationwide Championship in the same year sound?

Nascar couldn't have scripted a better finish, while I was cheering for Tony to win his first 500 I couldn't be happier to see Trevor Bayne and the Wood Brothers in victory lane. Congrats Trevor and Woods Brothers!!!!!

Patti

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
2/20/11, 9:27 PM   #9
gary curry

No doubt Mr. Bayne is one of the next NASCAR superstars. Hope the Wood Bros. keep him on. Show a lot of class and maturity for such a youngster. Car looked good at the end too. On another note, I wonder if DW gets paid by the word.

2/20/11, 11:14 PM   #10
K-Dawg30

Trevor actually started in karts...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Congrats Trevor Bayne!