IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Favorite ISW Moment/Memory
7/7/14, 7:02 PM   #21
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Clauson View Post
Haubstat I believe it was either 2009 or 2010 BC and Levi showed up tied qualified like 9 & 10 I think they both won their heats setting up a winner take all feature. They both got to 1st and 2nd and for the last 10 laps went at it like it was .... well for a Indiana Sprint Week Title. The last 5 laps was the first time I had heard the crowd over the sound of the engines. Levi won BC finished 2nd but it was the hardest that I had seen 2 drivers race for a win & a championship to this day. I will never forget walking on the front straight away emotionally drained from the week, from the race, but yet I knew how special it was to be a part of that night.
I remember that night well, I'll never forget BC kneeling on the front stretch after the race!If I remember correctly they started side by side in 5th row and there was a wreck on the first lap, on the restart I think Levi started in the 2nd row.

7/7/14, 7:26 PM   #22
Re: Favorite ISW Moment/Memory
racefan20

Morty setting off the horn during the open red at Gas City

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/7/14, 8:43 PM   #23
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Morty setting off the horn during the open red at Gas City
Actually that was Drew. That was great

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, racephoto1
7/7/14, 9:15 PM   #24
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
That was great. And original. Remember they went for it, too. Crews started leaving their cars and heading back toward the pits.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester
7/7/14, 9:59 PM   #25
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post

I can hear Morty's gravely voice now saying something like. "We looked all over for an air horn. Cost me like $30"

Probably got $1000 worth in laughs out of it though!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Mud Packer, racefan20, randy j
7/7/14, 10:24 PM   #26
Danny Burton

So many good memories, but maybe this is #1:

Two years ago, LPS. After the feature the 3 year old wanted to sit in a race car. Racing was done for the night so we went onto the S/F line and milled around. He ended up in the ISW winning car that year, driven by L. Jones and owned by T. Stewart.

Chris Pederson loves taking pictures of grandkids and he was there. He went one better and sweet talked T. Stewart into posing as well. The picture sits about 8 feet to my left here.

Here is the kicker: Karston was then oblivious to who Tony Stewart was. He ignores TS in the picture and is looking at his buddy Chris.

My NASCAR friends ask why didn't we get an autograph? I snort and reply that Karston didn't know Tony Stewart from Tony Bennett. If I do my job, he will learn who Tony Main or Tony Jarrett (Logan's dad to Karston) are first.

Tony Funk, too.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

7/8/14, 10:15 AM   #27
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

EVERY year at this time, when that first car is pushed off for hot laps on the first night is my favorite moment, and the saddest is at Haubstadt when the lights go out after Victory Lane. Some of us are so spoiled to live so close to all of this and get to enjoy 2 weekends of some of the greatest racing on earth. 3 DAYS AND COUNTING.

7/8/14, 3:32 PM   #28
chillyrn

I did parts of Sprintweek in '05, '07, and '09... and my best memory has to be Kamp in '09... the 3-wide battle for the lead on the last lap with Whitt on the bottom, Darland up top, and Chad Boat in the middle... photo finish with Darland (allegedly) winning. They probably should've given them both a trophy... might be the best race I've ever seen. Other memories are Sweet flying out of Haubstadt in '05.. lucky he didn't kill anybody in the pits where he landed.. or seriously hurt himself. Somebody mentioned Kruser killing 'em at North Vernon in '05... but my memories of that race were Clayton in his heat race going from 8th to 3rd in one corner, then back to 7th in the next corner... then up to 2nd... then back to 6th... in typical Clayton gas-mashing style! The ledge that built up on the cushion that night was like a wall.. and can't forget Jon Sciscoe flipping through the fence in turn 1. Another great memory was the race between Stanbrough & Darland at Kokomo in '07 - which was my first time there - Darland leading every lap but the last. Good times!

7/8/14, 3:43 PM   #29
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Kamp 09 was dusty as heck, car even flipped out of park and took two laps to throw the red but the racing speeks for itself. You can see it here but not EXPERIENCE IT

7/8/14, 4:06 PM   #30
berks co

My first ISW race at Lawrenceburg 7 years ago, I'm hooked

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Favorite ISW Moment/Memory