IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Today USAC Midgets @ Lawrenceburg
6/15/13, 10:20 PM   #11
Re: Today USAC Midgets @ Lawrenceburg
Pat O'Connor Fan

Congratulations to IOW member Dauminator5. Zach won tonight's Indiana Midget Week feature race.
I
Last edited by Pat O'Connor Fan; 6/15/13 at 11:20 PM. Reason: It was his 2nd USAC Feature win

5 members like this post: billwill7, johnnythunderhead, racegal, racenut69, red70racer
6/15/13, 10:43 PM   #12
PAW

Red flag Darland goes back to first on the restart the beer is cold and the peanuts are good!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: racegal
6/15/13, 10:47 PM   #13
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
Red flag Darland goes back to first on the restart the beer is cold and the peanuts are good!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you!
Finished 3rd!
Last edited by racegal; 6/15/13 at 10:59 PM.

6/15/13, 11:05 PM   #14
Clydesdale

Thoroughly impressed with the track conditions and racing at Lawrenceburg tonight. Great job Dave! Moved show along quickly, racing was awesome, gave the drivers something to race on. A vast improvement from the WoO race on Memorial Day weekend. Almost didn't come back to the track, but I'm glad I did! You could tell you worked your a** off on the track this week, and it paid off!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Ricks Pics
6/15/13, 11:11 PM   #15
Eatin Dirt

So who won the sprint feature?

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/15/13, 11:34 PM   #16
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

[quote=Eatin Dirt;336572]So who won the sprint feature?

Posted via Mobile Device[/quote

I'm not sure!
Last edited by racegal; 6/16/13 at 7:44 AM.

6/15/13, 11:38 PM   #17
RacingGirl10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatin Dirt View Post
So who won the sprint feature?

Posted via Mobile Device
CJ Leary

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: jim goerge, racegal
6/16/13, 12:54 AM   #18
great midget racing
johnnythunderhead
Banned

the beer is wet and the track is not and the peanuts are stale/ but the midget feach was excellent, except for ricco get'n turned around in the ruts! never seen this track so bumpy n rutty it worked fine for the lighter midgets with a high and low groove/ but not so much for the heavier, more powerful sprints/ there was no low groove to speak of for them/ but I was there to see the midgets, so I am happy, happy, happy (great show)/ sure got lots of dust in my eyes, lungs, throat and nasal passages though during the sprint feach/ once again, I love this track, but I sure dislike dust and I suspect that the drivers dislike rutty-bumps (specially those who fell victim to them) what's with the Indiana tracks anymore (MORE WATER EARL! ALL AROUND!)
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 6/16/13 at 1:11 AM.

6/16/13, 12:55 AM   #19
cmiracingvids

CJ Leary held off a hard charging Christopher Bell (Fox 56) and got the win. In victory lane actually commented he wasn't sure what was going on with Lawrenceburg...but the last few weeks there has been a ramp/hole going into turn 1. It certainly made for an interesting night.
The midget feature was fantastic! Congrats to Zach Daum!! They talked all night about all the other big names...and then Daum calmly took the lead and ran an excellent race. Really too bad for Michael Pickens. Not sure what happened...but he was comin!! Had a great night.
Thanks Lawrenceburg!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: johnnythunderhead
6/16/13, 1:55 AM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not sure what to say but WOW. Armstrong looked to be running off with the feature at first in the midgets but BC, Abreu, Pickens all ran him down. Was sad to see Pickens blow with about ten to go. He was impressive. On the insuing restarts. I WAS LIKE HOLY **** where did Daum come from? HE DAUMINATED! and I was very happy as he's one of my sleeper favorites!

Sprints, If that third and fourth heat weren't worth the price of Admission alone, I don't know what is!

I told Dad that DD was in the 17 and he said he wasn't going to beat Leary....... I said watch! DD took the lead on Lap eight and on a lap twelve restart hit the hole bobbled and lost it, Not once, But twice and CJ got the lead back, Bell who started mid pack was up to fourth on a lap 20 restart in his relentlessly smooth way just kept coming and grabbed second two laps from the end from DD. Bell ran the bottom a lot of the sprint feature so I don't know what Thunderhead is talking about. I am also home and the only reason I took a shower is the 89 percent humidity. There was some dust but the main grandstand didn't suffer any. I was on the back bleachers at the WoO race so I know what you might be talking about but the track wasn't a dust bowl by far and had two strips of rubber with Tack to lean on ALL NIGHT with NO tractor show.

I have to agree about the holes, I don't know what the fix is, Either dump a ton of new clay and try to grade and pack it or scrape off whats there and fill in the base. Either way its not gonna be cheap. I do know my friend SHane Mugavin broke a 3/4 inch spring in half and about flipped.

I sure as heck apreciate all the hard work everybody does, Both racers and Promotor/employees. The moisture content was near perfect. CHEERS WENT UP when Bacon mentioned a Raceable/Non Rubber track for a change In midget Second Place interview!.

Hope everyone gets where they need to go safe!

Now sitting here watching one of our own tearing the Nationwide Series up by storm! LARSON!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/16/13 at 1:57 AM.

3 members like this post: johnnythunderhead, Ricks Pics, Xflagman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Today USAC Midgets @ Lawrenceburg