IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #21 12/17/23 5:32 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
Indy cars only option MILE DIRT
So…only two races/year? Only two MILE DIRT tracks still operating for car racing are the Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield,IL, and the DuQuoin Mile in DuQuoin, IL.
2 Likes: miledirt, PIT CART
mc/rider (Offline)
  #22 12/18/23 9:20 AM
I meant in addition to the regular schedule, dont be stomping on my hopelessly futile dream

When in doubt Gas It
6 Likes: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, luckybuc97, openwheelfan1, racenut69
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #23 12/18/23 10:25 AM
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #24 12/18/23 10:27 AM
I am glad some of you weren't around when the automobile was invented. We would all be riding horses.
13 Likes: Danny Burton, dirtnonwingfan, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oldfan49, oppweld, racenut69, ronmil, TQ29m, Turd Ferguson, Will Shunk
jdull99 (Offline)
  #25 12/18/23 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I am glad some of you weren't around when the automobile was invented. We would all be riding horses.
Just like this version of a rear-engine race car; the street cars of today offer more than everything that is needed, is a great product, and are very safe. Everything doesn't have to be redesigned and imagined just to fit an agenda...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
2 Likes: Midget98, racenut69
Midget98 (Offline)
  #26 12/18/23 3:54 PM
Originally Posted by TommyTipover:
A spec engine is fine as long as the supposed cost savings result in much larger car counts. It’s absolutely pathetic that there are not 50+ cars attempting to qualify for the Indy 500.
Exactly! There is no reason in the world, why a spec engine should cost even a fraction of what they are paying now. If it's the same across the board, there is absolutely no reason to be ging for some exotic type of engine. Just make solid, equal horsepower in a durable package.
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #27 12/18/23 3:57 PM
In MY OPINION, if IndyCar could provide races that had close wheel to wheel competition and passing for positions throughout the field instead of relying on fuel conservation and pit strategies to execute a pass, they would have a product that would stand out and draw fans.
2 Likes: PIT CART, racenut69
Midget98 (Offline)
  #28 12/18/23 4:00 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Innovation and technology are great, when they solve a problem. The automobile displaced the horse and buggy because it was a vastly superior mode of transportation. The current EV push is something entirely different from that. It's much more a latteral move being pushed by a political agenda. If you can't see that, there's not much point in any further discussion.
5 Likes: Dale, dirtybob29, flagboy55, jdull99, TQ29m
mc/rider (Offline)
  #29 12/18/23 7:33 PM
Originally Posted by Midget98:
Innovation and technology are great, when they solve a problem. The automobile displaced the horse and buggy because it was a vastly superior mode of transportation. The current EV push is something entirely different from that. It's much more a latteral move being pushed by a political agenda. If you can't see that, there's not much point in any further discussion.
Literally cart before the horse

When in doubt Gas It
captrat (Offline)
  #30 12/18/23 8:11 PM
Originally Posted by Midget98:
Specifically what political agenda? Would the same apply to the political agenda of the fossil fuel industry?
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, oldfan49, ronmil, Turd Ferguson