IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Cars at Twin Cities Sat
4/16/15, 12:40 AM   #11
Re: Sprint Cars at Twin Cities Sat
tim kelley

My motor's not ready, but I will be there supporting. Thanks Twin Cities, an Thanks JT.

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
4/16/15, 6:33 AM   #12
treecitytornado

Thanks, Tim!! See you there!!

4/16/15, 7:42 AM   #13
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leohr46 View Post
Some times I have a hard time understanding people. It's another track that's trying to run sprint cars. It's a track people can choose to go enjoy a evening of racing.
Instead there is people already complaining.
I have a idea. Let's be glad it's another choice. Go out and support a track any track.
They Close faster than they open.
To me it seems that its not a bash for running sprintcars as its a bash that jt is involved so they are giving him trouble. For year's jt comments on everything weather he knows about the topic or not, and now the keyboard bandits take aim. I'll be there wheeling a tq and I wish the best to everyone involved. You too jt.

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
4/16/15, 9:07 AM   #14
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leohr46 View Post
Some times I have a hard time understanding people. It's another track that's trying to run sprint cars. It's a track people can choose to go enjoy a evening of racing.
Instead there is people already complaining.
I have a idea. Let's be glad it's another choice. Go out and support a track any track.
They Close faster than they open.
If its me you are referring to I didnt intend it to be a bash just wondering why they didnt pick days where they would have more cars available. JT you still didnt indicate if the fence was replaced.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: 5JMOFFATTFAN!, Eatin Dirt, Indy1808, smith19
4/16/15, 11:51 AM   #15
pepprdig

I think what he is saying is the sprint car count is struggling, lets face it a lot of tracks run sprints on a saturday, (Not a bad thing), but for a max car count for their track those friday dates would be perfect. But I guess that is why we aren't running a track lol.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, racefan20, smith19
4/16/15, 11:59 AM   #16
bigq11

It's not too late to re-think your dates. On those Fridays I think you would get a lot more fans as well as more cars. Just saying.

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
4/16/15, 12:15 PM   #17
treecitytornado

The fence has been replaced in several areas and more cables added. We are sticking with the Saturday dates. It's tough to draw big crowds on Fridays; especially when we are not a regular Friday Night track. We are running a few Friday Special events for Late Models, etc. Sprints Cars will be the Saturday portion of a 2-Day show on Saturday July 11th.

4/16/15, 4:14 PM   #18
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
The fence has been replaced in several areas and more cables added. We are sticking with the Saturday dates. It's tough to draw big crowds on Fridays; especially when we are not a regular Friday Night track. We are running a few Friday Special events for Late Models, etc. Sprints Cars will be the Saturday portion of a 2-Day show on Saturday July 11th.
So if I am reading this right,Late Model fans will come out on a Friday night,but not sprint car fans.........

4/16/15, 6:00 PM   #19
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
So if I am reading this right,Late Model fans will come out on a Friday night,but not sprint car fans.........
Compare the crowd at Brownstown for their Icebreaker (LM) and the No Way Out (Sprint) races. Or compare the LM and Sprint crowds at Eldora. Apparently, like it or not, the LM fans are greater in number and/or willingness to support less than ideal conditions, whatever the day. Collectively it seems that us traditional sprint car fans are an older, smaller, and somewhat 'grumpier' group.

Also, check the thread on Thunder Valley. The attitude there seems to be; "oh no, not FRIDAYS !".

Of course, I KNOW it would be best if they ran on Tuesdays!

Seriously, it's their money they're risking so I'm sure they're going with what they think is best, and I wish them well.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
Last edited by PJ Wright; 4/16/15 at 6:02 PM.

1 member likes this post: dkdorkboy
4/16/15, 7:49 PM   #20
Flatrightrear

Was he complaining are was he making a point?

3 members like this post: bmemmer, Charles Nungester, goodoleboy24
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Cars at Twin Cities Sat