IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > racer killed in highway accident...
4/18/15, 6:01 PM   #1
racer killed in highway accident...
mac miller

Some guy named Karim Rahmann was killed, last night, at an off ramp from I70 and I465 on the west side of Indy. He had pulled his SUV, towing a race car trailer, off the side to check the trailer. The trailer was struck by another vehicle, smashing Rahmann between the trailer and a concrete barrier... Don't know what kind of race car was in the trailer.

Anybody here know who this guy was or what he raced???

godspeed racer

mac miller in INDY
Last edited by mac miller; 4/18/15 at 7:15 PM.

4/18/15, 10:46 PM   #2
midget31

Drifter?
http://m2.facebook.com/events/319357...%3A5%7D&aref=5

4/19/15, 1:09 AM   #3
Re: racer killed in highway accident...
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I remember a similar accident many years ago when a father and son who had raced at the Indy Speedrome were run over and killed when they had trouble of some sort, and a motorist ran off the road onto the shoulder and struck them. Believe they were police officers, and an elderly lady drifted off the road and struck them. Perhaps some of you Indy area folks may remember more about this.

4/19/15, 1:11 AM   #4
wideopen24

He was a good friend of TMEZ. Local drifter on his way to his first competition in Tennessee. Very sad.

1 member likes this post: 5JMOFFATTFAN!
4/19/15, 12:05 PM   #5
mac miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I remember a similar accident many years ago when a father and son who had raced at the Indy Speedrome were run over and killed when they had trouble of some sort,

They were Dave Edwards and his father. Dave was a regular competitor in USAC and NAMARS midgets

mac miller in INDY

2 members like this post: racerjim2, ronmil
4/19/15, 8:55 PM   #6
xoxide

He was a good guy in the drifting community. Sad to hear about. They've set up a go fund me page to try and help out the family as well.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > racer killed in highway accident...