IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
etpro43 (Offline)
  #1 7/22/13 9:51 PM
At the WOO show at Lebanon Valley on Sunday one lucky fan left with $59.00 more than Schatz got for the win! The place was packed and it was typical outlaw racing with lots of raw speed but limited passing. Howard Commander is one of the best promoters in the business and others should take some notes, this is how he maintains a solid $100,000 point fund for his guys! With gas prices over $4.00 here back east I was surprised at the crowd.
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #2 7/22/13 9:58 PM
there were times when the Eldora 50/50's would top $20,000 g's, till the irs got on baltes ass n he quit having them

Posted via Mobile Device
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #3 7/22/13 10:25 PM
For the first few years, the WoO show at The Valley was the social event of the year for us Northeasterners. The pits contained damned near everyone I knew in racing. But, the show was always the worst WoO show of the year, so I quit going. It's a fast, high banked track. Essentially, the green drops, everyone gets in line and goes the specified number of laps fast as hell.

But, Howie Commander is a great promoter. The food is restaurant quality. The show runs quickly. The fans are treated well. I recommend a regular Saturday night show there to anyone.
2 Likes: FALCONEDDIE, jpa317
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #4 7/23/13 12:59 PM
that's what woo racing's all about/ its what they do

Posted via Mobile Device