IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
RacingNut (Offline)
  #1 8/10/09 6:43 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of Larry "Boom Boom" Cannon in the Boom Boom Special #42 from 1969?

Thanks,

RacingNut
mscs20 (Offline)
  #2 8/10/09 7:04 PM
Originally Posted by RacingNut:
Does anyone have any pictures of Larry "Boom Boom" Cannon in the Boom Boom Special #42 from 1969?

Thanks,

RacingNut
Here's a picture in his normal ride that year, Blacker and Bridges #B4 at Knoxville until someone finds the one of the 42. Who's car was it?
  #3 8/10/09 9:26 PM
mscs20,

Larry Cannon and Bill Burton are listed as owners. The car was red, white & blue and sometimes called the Velvetex Special.

RacingNut
billwill7 (Offline)
  #4 8/10/09 9:32 PM
I will discuss with the horcher brothers wednesday night at belleville and will advise. I think this may be a little before their time.
Pat O'Connor Fan (Offline)
  #5 8/10/09 11:21 PM
car was red, white & blue and sometimes called the Velvetex Special
Was that the fuzzy car?
RacingNut (Offline)
  #6 8/10/09 11:31 PM
Pat O'Conner Fan,

That was it! Parts of the car were covered with velvetex electrostatic fiber finish. The fiber finish was fuzzy.The nose cone was done in blue fuzzy fiber and stopped the rock chips on the nose cone. The sponser did car tops and all kinds of stuff with it.

RacingNut
superglide
  #7 8/10/09 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by mscs20:
Here's a picture in his normal ride that year, Blacker and Bridges #B4 at Knoxville until someone finds the one of the 42. Who's car was it?
same car as my avator
mscs20 (Offline)
  #8 8/11/09 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by superglide:
same car as my avator
Yes it is and I have a picture of Bubby in it as the 87 your avitor shows. Are you in the picture?
turn4 (Offline)
  #9 8/11/09 11:46 AM
RacingNut, I called Burton and told him about this thread. (left burton a message, he wasn't home)
Vukie (Offline)
  #10 8/11/09 6:38 PM

Thanks,

RacingNut
There was a picture of Larry Cannon in that car in the old Carl Hungness USAC Sprint car book. The photo was from a Winchester race. John Mahoney was the photographer.