IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lawrenceburg and the outlaws?
9/26/08, 9:43 PM   #1
lawrenceburg and the outlaws?
5JMOFFATTFAN!

well people what do we have to do? Indiana is amazing sprint car state! lawrenceburg is amazing racetrack among with kokomo,bloomington and haubdsat.well then why dont we get but one outlaw race at tri state? kokomo used to and I was hoping to go but they didnt have one this year. So what do we have to do to get the outlaws at the burg in 09???? READY to see the king and saldana at the front at the burg!!!:shout

9/26/08, 10:25 PM   #2
Re: lawrenceburg and the outlaws?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5JMOFFATTFAN! View Post
well people what do we have to do? Indiana is amazing sprint car state! lawrenceburg is amazing racetrack among with kokomo,bloomington and haubdsat.well then why dont we get but one outlaw race at tri state? kokomo used to and I was hoping to go but they didnt have one this year. So what do we have to do to get the outlaws at the burg in 09???? READY to see the king and saldana at the front at the burg!!!:shout
Lets see, It cost 90,000 just to get a one day show plus another 20-30 grand promoting it. Are you willing to take that risk? The only way this is happening is if a outside promotions group brings em to the track. I believe LBurg had three in 04-06. The first two made money or broke even. The third due to a rainout reschedual lost tens of thousands. That promotions company did not return for 07-08 and with the track with only 3000 seats prior the cost was high and the risk was higher. Now if they could get 7000 down there it could be a incredible venue.

I don't dare speak for Bozo. I know he expressed interest with the new configuration and seating but what his plans are. I don't know.

I do know its a huge risk for any promotor. Bloomingtons even out with its hometown umpteen time WOO champion and it often takes many years to become successful and a EVENT people plan on attending every year.

A huge huge risk expecially in a market that hasn't seen regualar winged racing in over ten years. I personally only know about six competitors of the WOO and thats because they were racing when I followed them and they raced here reguarly. Most of the new guys didn't come from this area of the nation.

Chuck

9/26/08, 11:34 PM   #3
zeroracer

i dont know where you get the 90k for a show, i was under the impression it was a 10k santctioning fee....

9/26/08, 11:43 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroracer View Post
i dont know where you get the 90k for a show, i was under the impression it was a 10k santctioning fee....
plus purse.

9/27/08, 12:08 AM   #5
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

WoO Sanction fee is $20,000.

9/27/08, 12:29 AM   #6
zeroracer

ok... well i was about half way there, but i wasnt under the impression that the promoter caughed up the full purse

9/27/08, 12:54 AM   #7
1BIGracefan

I will say this if the track was like it was for the HFC and the Outlaws came a calling it would be well worth paying for. JMO

9/27/08, 8:14 AM   #8
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroracer View Post
ok... well i was about half way there, but i wasnt under the impression that the promoter caughed up the full purse
Just curious....where did you think that the purse came from?

The promoter is on the hook for the whole number, unless he gets some sponsorship help. But even then, his costs are merely offset....it tales a bunch of money to promote a WoO show.....

9/27/08, 11:07 AM   #9
racinman

woo purse is $56,000 fee is $22,000. with proper promotion and the purse for an undercars class, labor cost, city fees, you're looking at close to $100,000 cost... plus the woo drivers, crews and owners receive pit admissions... any takers?

9/27/08, 11:44 AM   #10
5JMOFFATTFAN!

HMM......well then someone said the burg holded 7k? well charge 30 to get in fill the stands and you are getting 210,000 back? So get the outlaws there. thats not counting the food and beer to be sold or any money from a sponser or promoter. THERE is money to be made!! you also have pit passes and and entry fees...... NOW I know money is a big deal. But explain why the burg has the woo late models..? does it not cost the same to hold a race for? and im sure it cost some to get the lucas oil late model series there also........ you going to vernon broc?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lawrenceburg and the outlaws?