IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IMS Dirt Track Lives
6/19/18, 11:56 AM   #1
IMS Dirt Track Lives
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

USAC Midgets to open Brickyard 400 weekend at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway says Robin Miller.

https://racer.com/2018/06/19/ims-to-...ascar-weekend/
Last edited by brsteg; 6/19/18 at 11:59 AM.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, WinglessLovers
6/19/18, 12:02 PM   #2
addictedtodirt

I think Robin forgot that USAC sprints are at GC on 9-7. That would mean the midgets would have to run on the 6th.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, PIT CART
6/19/18, 12:07 PM   #3
Re: IMS Dirt Track Lives
brsteg

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
I think Robin forgot that USAC sprints are at GC on 9-7. That would mean the midgets would have to run on the 6th.
I hope they end up on Wednesday instead of Thursday. Xfinity Practices Friday, maybe someone says hey we need a clean up day before running on the big track. I could go to a Wed. race; I'm out if it's Thursday... I know this is the Open Wheel Forum but the World 100 is the big dog that weekend at Eldora and they start racing Thursday.

4 members like this post: chathamracefan, nathans1012, speed bump, WinglessLovers
6/19/18, 12:39 PM   #4
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Once those tin top fans get a whiff of Methanol fumes and some dirt in their beer they'll never be the same.

6/19/18, 12:56 PM   #5
cleatziff

https://racer.com/2018/06/19/ims-to-...ascar-weekend/

This is the article USAC linked on their Facebook page

1 member likes this post: dirtball
6/19/18, 1:35 PM   #6
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

60 feet wide in the straightaways and 8 degree of banking in the corners. Reece O'Conner was contacted to help design and prepare the 1/4 mile track.

5 members like this post: Bostonian, bsmith8, flagboy55, oppweld, WinglessLovers
6/19/18, 1:39 PM   #7
JarrettFarms73

J Doug’s twitter says official details coming next tuesday. how cool!

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
6/19/18, 1:47 PM   #8
chathamracefan

If it is on Wednesday, hopefully a PPV is offered for those of us out of town. I'd do it on Wednesday but as mentioned above, the high holy of late model racing begins the next night at Eldora with the World 100. Not going, but I will be tuned in on PPV for all of that.

Maybe if this deal takes off they could incorporate it into the leadup to the Indy 500 as well.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
6/19/18, 1:59 PM   #9
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
If it is on Wednesday, hopefully a PPV is offered for those of us out of town. I'd do it on Wednesday but as mentioned above, the high holy of late model racing begins the next night at Eldora with the World 100.
If it’s to kickoff brickyard weekend, what would be the point of doing it Wednesday night. Not even nascar’s most faithful will be in town yet. Nothing happens on the big track until Friday.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/19/18, 2:34 PM   #10
brsteg

One it gives them a clean up day. Sadly it would leave the NASCAR folks nothing to do Thursday as IRP doesn't start up till Friday. But I think it has much less to do with getting NASCAR folks to the dirt track but getting the local folks to the Speedway. A day break would not kill that momentum but wouldn't hurt either. How many folks are they potentially losing to the World if they run Thurs instead of Wed? Probably not a lot, but you can bet a a few.. and it's all revenue. I just think this is more about hype and revenue, and hoping the locals will stay for the weekend also.

But they'll be more folks at the World for 3 days than Indy for the 3 big track days.

2 members like this post: chathamracefan, WinglessLovers
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IMS Dirt Track Lives