IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili bowl
1/20/19, 6:35 PM   #41
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

I’ve seen well respected car owners and competitors express their concerns over the length of last nights Chili Bowl.

The racing industry needs to listen and learn.

4 members like this post: captrat, jim goerge, PIT CART, Steve Wendel
1/20/19, 6:38 PM   #42
Re: Chili bowl
Sprintcarfanatic

^^^ Friggin Hilarious ^^^

The other post about losing point fund money.
Last edited by Sprintcarfanatic; 1/20/19 at 6:39 PM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, RockinRy
1/20/19, 6:56 PM   #43
RockinRy

Race Count This Year: 12

They were already behind to begin with they did an hour of prep work between the E and D Mains which put them behind. That's why the pole shuffle was on MavTV when it isn't normally on during their broadcast.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/20/19, 8:03 PM   #44
jdull99

I guess I'd only have been upset if the neighborhood bar I was at (I do not pay to have MavTV) woulda closed b4 it was over!!! lol. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to as much of the TWENTY FOUR hour race this coming wknd (prolly won't get all the channels it will be on, but thats ok)! lol
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1/20/19, 8:17 PM   #45
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Lucas Oil owns MAVTV. It's the highest watched show for them every year, so it equals plenty of Lucas Oil advertisements and promo's. It gives me and my stupid friends ( RPracing1 ), extra time to bullsh!t and drink
Thanks Wahoo

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, interpreter66, jim goerge, mc/rider, racenut69
1/20/19, 9:00 PM   #46
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinser11 View Post
Your going to loose your point fund money!
And be suspended, from competing in any races.
He is the greatest prep man ever, just ask anyone at USAC.
LOL Post of the year!!!!!!! It even be funnier if it wasn't true LOL

1 member likes this post: racenut69
1/20/19, 10:13 PM   #47
devwat12

I can't believe nobody is mentioning the camera focusing on a battle for 7th or 8th the majority of the closing laps while the race for the lead was heating up. That was the worst part for me. All of a sudden they cut to Larson coming to the white and Bell is right on him. Based on the announcers and the camera, you would have thought Larson had it in the bag.

For a race junkie like me, I would have stayed up all night to watch. However, if you are trying to attract casual/new fans, stretching that little on track action into 5 hours of programming is a bit much. Juggling a timely show with providing a quality racing surface is always going to be the downfall with live broadcasting dirt races.

2 members like this post: DannyD, RockinRy
1/20/19, 11:17 PM   #48
SteelCore

It took entirely too long. If I was at home I wouldn't have minded it as much. I was told by several Chili Bowl veterans they weren't using the whole ventilation system.

My best advice. If it's going to require that much track prep. Start sending cars home throughout the week so there isn't as many cars on track Saturday.

Knoxville runs 100 cars or so and doesn't even have to water the track between races.

Also we want the younger generations to be interested in racing, but they can't run an efficient show and parents won't bring the kids along.
Last edited by SteelCore; 1/20/19 at 11:24 PM.

3 members like this post: OnTheHammer, rclaridge, Steve Wendel
1/20/19, 11:26 PM   #49
Rpracing1

Very long and drawn out. Boy how I miss Dave Despain.

Thinking about a Go Fund Me page for a Heated Dome over Haubstadt. Ya in / Ya out?
Last edited by Rpracing1; 1/20/19 at 11:33 PM.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, racenut69
1/20/19, 11:33 PM   #50
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by devwat12 View Post
I can't believe nobody is mentioning the camera focusing on a battle for 7th or 8th the majority of the closing laps while the race for the lead was heating up. That was the worst part for me. All of a sudden they cut to Larson coming to the white and Bell is right on him. Based on the announcers and the camera, you would have thought Larson had it in the bag.
I agree... I feel a little cheated that I actually didn't get to watch the race because the last 5 of 6 laps they showed 6-7-8... the words show the f***ing leaders was uttered out of my mouth and 3 laps later they cut to Larson slipping off 4 to the white as Christopher closed in like a shark. Whoever the director was; FAILED majorly.. worse than the delays. But the delays were more than necessary. They need to work on tightening up the schedule in some way.

I watched all day since the O-Mains and things were smooth until the E's. After that it was painful at times, but really hard to get into. Because not only were the races wreckfests starting with the E or D's.. but they'd run 2 races and have 30-50 minutes of downtime.

It was not as fun as it should have been; on multiple fronts. No one doing the deal was a rookie, so there's not really any excuses to be had; but a new plan for lots of different aspects is needed.

4 members like this post: DannyD, OnTheHammer, RockinRy, Steve Wendel
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili bowl