IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
btg1963 (Offline)
  #11 6/19/18 3:19 PM
Originally Posted by brsteg:
I hope they end up on Wednesday instead of Thursday. Xfinity Practices Friday, maybe someone says hey we need a clean up day before running on the big track. I could go to a Wed. race; I'm out if it's Thursday... I know this is the Open Wheel Forum but the World 100 is the big dog that weekend at Eldora and they start racing Thursday.
There will probably be more fans at Eldora the night before than at the Brickyard....
5 Likes: dirtball, motorhead748, PIT CART, speed bump, superstock30
btg1963 (Offline)
  #12 6/19/18 3:23 PM
Also, reading Robin Miller’s article, they are only erecting 5,000 seats. If this is the case, IMS has GROSSLY UNDERESTIMATED the interest this event has generated.
4 Likes: billw, jim goerge, oppweld, superstock30
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #13 6/19/18 3:34 PM
Originally Posted by cleatziff:
https://racer.com/2018/06/19/ims-to-...ascar-weekend/

This is the article USAC linked on their Facebook page
The article says the brickyard was moved to September to put it in the chase to hopefully stimulate some interest with the attendance plummeting. At least for me the silly "chase" is just another reason to lose interest in NASCAR.
4 Likes: Kingz, okie, ronmil, The Old Coyote
BLASTER1 (Offline)
  #14 6/19/18 5:08 PM
Originally Posted by brsteg:
One it gives them a clean up day. Sadly it would leave the NASCAR folks nothing to do Thursday as IRP doesn't start up till Friday. But I think it has much less to do with getting NASCAR folks to the dirt track but getting the local folks to the Speedway. A day break would not kill that momentum but wouldn't hurt either. How many folks are they potentially losing to the World if they run Thurs instead of Wed? Probably not a lot, but you can bet a a few.. and it's all revenue. I just think this is more about hype and revenue, and hoping the locals will stay for the weekend also.

But they'll be more folks at the World for 3 days than Indy for the 3 big track days.
I say this event is about the locals and to draw attention to the Track... Win Win for the track!
david mitchell (Offline)
  #15 6/19/18 5:26 PM
How many Silver Crown cars will be at Salem in August.
Big Game Hunter (Offline)
  #16 6/19/18 6:00 PM
They might get 12! That's pushing it! 😃😃😃
Big Game Hunter (Offline)
  #17 6/19/18 6:24 PM
Are they running the Silver Crown cars on the 2.5 mile track at IMS during that week
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #18 6/19/18 7:46 PM
When will we be able to put blankets down?
15 Likes: Amzie, Big Game Hunter, billw, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, JarrettFarms73, jim goerge, Jonr, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PIT CART, ronmil, TNRustler, TQ97, trackprep
Amzie (Offline)
  #19 6/19/18 8:42 PM
Is it on the T-shirt?
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, oppweld
MOORESVILLETRUCKER (Offline)
  #20 6/20/18 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by big game hunter:
they might get 12! That's pushing it! 😃😃😃