IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Usac
11/5/15, 8:55 AM   #51
Re: Paragon Speedway Usac
glittleton

I would be there for sure - would also love to see a USAC Midget race there - maybe Levi would be interested?

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, FishBurger
11/5/15, 9:34 AM   #52
Keith Ford

I've done all I can to get a Usac date, fans etc. need to call Usac office and let them know your take on a possible event. thanks Keith

11/5/15, 12:25 PM   #53
throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Don't have a dog in this fight. I have never been to Paragon, but a couple of things in this post don't make sense. Almost everyone thinks it is a good idea. Almost everyone thinks it will be near capacity. Several people have stated that parking could be a problem. Several people responded that they should limit the support class which will help with parking. This is where I get lost. If the track is going to be near capacity to watch the USAC show, how is limiting the support classes going to help with parking? I understand that limiting classes will help with pit spaces, but it will not impact parking for the grandstand. What am I missing?
parking in the pits was such an issue that they extended the pits out all the way to the road. in doing this they cut a lot of spectator parking, however, this was done long after the last time usac or the outlaws were there. there isnt a ton of parking available, but the main concern for a long time is that keith was down on campers....everyone knows that a lot of people camp that follow the races. i believe if everyone wants it to happen then there needs to be clear expectations from both sides so as to not cause tension.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, FishBurger, jim goerge, mowerman, rclaridge
11/5/15, 12:31 PM   #54
nodramazone20

They would need to get someone who knows how to prep a track....was there a few years ago and left after 2 heats because track was a joke.....

1 member likes this post: v8j
11/5/15, 1:06 PM   #55
dshort36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodramazone20 View Post
They would need to get someone who knows how to prep a track....was there a few years ago and left after 2 heats because track was a joke.....
we only race there once or twice a year but i will have to say for the past few years the track has been in great shape everytime we show up

don short

11/5/15, 1:49 PM   #56
treecitytornado

Keith has done a good job the last 2 seasons on track prep! Hammer down with moisture through the heats and still patches of moisture in the feature too. Tire wear is very minimal too!

2 members like this post: fish, ronmil
11/5/15, 4:34 PM   #57
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Ford View Post
I've done all I can to get a Usac date, fans etc. need to call Usac office and let them know your take on a possible event. thanks Keith
It couldn't hurt to have a talk with POWRI.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Stephen Cording
11/5/15, 4:39 PM   #58
rclaridge

The last time I camped there we had to park next to the dumpster,no awning and no grill. Its was clear he didn't welcome campers!!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/5/15, 5:11 PM   #59
brian2h

when we raced there back in the 90s he never gave us a track that was even close 50 to 60 cars and lap times would fall 2 seconds if u didnt draw good there was no way that u was gonna have to run the nq race. but at least if its a usac race u will get paid the last time i ran a mod there in 08 i never got paid called kieth he blew me off and he never called back. got crashed in the b-main it was only 30 bucks but it was just the idea that they wouldnt pay me o well he prob. needed the money worse than me.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, rclaridge
11/5/15, 5:25 PM   #60
BrentTFunk

If USAC's schedule is as full as it was last year, I doubt there are any Saturday nights left. Keith would you be opposed to doing an old school Wednesday night show? Also before I consider calling the USAC office, do you have a plan for parking and campers? If there is no plan, it seems a phone call would be putting the cart ahead of the horse. Good luck and I hope this works out.

4 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, mc/rider, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Usac