IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Stewart
9/28/15, 2:36 PM   #11
Re: Tony Stewart
Flatrightrear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK222 View Post
He's gonna have lay off the Pizza King and get a big shoe horn to get in an Indy Car.
Why quit NASCAR to run for comparative peanuts in Indycar? Winning the 500 ain't what it used to be. He'd have plenty to do playing with Eldora and the All-Stars and maybe running some sprint/midget races for fun. He doesn't look happy, though, and wish him all the best whatever he does.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
9/28/15, 3:02 PM   #12
har59

I doubt $peanuts$ r a big concern to smoke...

2 members like this post: speed bump, SPRINTCAR
9/28/15, 4:26 PM   #13
glittleton

Article about it in this mornings Columbus, Indiana paper - The Republic - said Clint Bowyer will drive his NASCAR ride

9/28/15, 5:11 PM   #14
Kinser11

Hopefully he will do like Kenny Schrader, and just show up and race with out any fan fare. Their is know one that would be happy in his shoe right now. Hopefully he can gain some inner peace, and the media will leave him alone. I would think in the next 18 months that Mr. and Mrs. Ward, will have the day in court, in they will go away. Hopefully with empty pockets.

9/28/15, 6:32 PM   #15
hoosier race fan

He's still going to be an owner in Stewart Haas Racing, which means he's still going to be spending the bulk of his time in NASCAR country. He'll never run an IndyCar again. He shares a lot in common with AJ Foyt, most of which are great racing achievements, but now includes their physique at this point in their careers. Just not conducive to running at Indy. With his demands as a car owner, which may increase with Gene Haas' F1 team, I would say he might run an occasional modified race and that's about it. After the wreck that broke his leg and the psychological affects of the Ward incident, I honestly don't see him getting into a sprint car of any kind in the foreseeable future. I could be completely wrong, but I don't get the impression that it is at the top of his priority list.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, hoscalecody, Midget 89, ronmil
9/28/15, 7:55 PM   #16
speedbump

I agree with rich he needs to get his butt back into a sprint car

9/28/15, 8:42 PM   #17
Stevensville Mike

GOOD! Great for all of us! I am glad he FINALLY stepped out!

By no stretch of the imagination am I a Tony Stewart racing fan. His intimidation tactics, rough housing, push and shove stuff, and brash language with both competitors and the press is something that is a thing of the past. Give me the late Kenny Irwin any day.

That aside, however, THIS might be the GREATEST thing that could ever happen for us fans! He can now concentrate his full efforts on promoting and managing. Think about it:

Who ELSE would have taken over Eldora when The Earl left us? Who ELSE could have saved the All Star Sprints when Guy Webb mentally fell off a cliff?

Now...... Who ELSE can save IndyCars? Who ELSE can get USAC up to the level it once was?

Stewart has gone from here to there and has done everything right with respect for racing and the fans. Despite my ire for him as a driver, I hold my hat high to him when it comes to the history, promotion, and preservation of our sport.

For us, this is GREAT! For Stewart racing fans.... when he shows up from time to time in a sprinter, winged or non-winged.... GREAT, too! But his "retirement" has a MUCH higher level of importance than that.

Tony George..... Tony Stewart. Two different brain trusts and passions.

The former: ""I have money. Let's do things."

The latter: "I earned my money. Let's do things right."

Fans, THIS is the best thing that could have possibly happened for all of us!

3 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, nitrofunny, ronmil
9/28/15, 9:19 PM   #18
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles nungester View Post
indy car needs something or its probably done after next year. Half the teams are insolvent
bs

3 members like this post: PIT CART, ronmil, Vukie
9/28/15, 9:22 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
bs
Yeah buddy, They had one bumped team that couldn't even afford to be there this year, Seems to me there used to be 10-20 teams bumped every year.

2 members like this post: Midget 89, nathans1012
9/29/15, 11:59 AM   #20
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Why quit NASCAR to run for comparative peanuts in Indycar? Winning the 500 ain't what it used to be. He'd have plenty to do playing with Eldora and the All-Stars and maybe running some sprint/midget races for fun. He doesn't look happy, though, and wish him all the best whatever he does.
To Tony Stewart winning the Indianapolis 500 is a BIG deal. He has said so.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Stewart