IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington SKM Updates
8/21/15, 10:01 PM   #31
ByronMack

Someone please tell the female announcer to quit yelling into the mic. Pleeeeease!

8/21/15, 10:10 PM   #32
Re: Bloomington SKM Updates
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Yes, its basically the same situation as the Knoxville Nationals when Rico qualified the car to the show and Trever Canales started it.

8/21/15, 10:31 PM   #33
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

holy crap WHAT A RACE!!!!

Chris Gurley and Jeff Bland Jr led the field to the green flag in the Sheldon Kinser Memorial main event, with Gurley leading lap one over Tyler Courtney. Courtney took the lead on lap two, with Gurley taking it back on lap three. Nick Bilbee then took the second spot away from Courtney on lap four. Shane Cottle then took third from Courtney on lap six. Bilbee then moved to the rear tail tank of Gurley for the lead on lap eight, but seen Cottle move under him to battle for second. Cottle took the second spot, leaving Bilbee to battle with Bland for the third spot. On lap 12, You could throw a blanket over the top six cars. Cottle tried to slide job Gurley for the lead, only to see Bilbee slide him for second. Courtney, Cottle, Bland, and Bilbee went four wide for second, with Bland getting the bad end of the deal, sliding off the track. Up front Gurley took the lead, only to see Bilbee slide by, but only for a second. Courtney then threw his mount into the second spot, then took the lead away on lap 20, Bilbee and Gurley then traded slide jobs for second. Bilbee took the second spot on lap 22. Bilbee and Courtney ran side by side for the lead on lap 24, with Bilbee taking the spot on lap 25. Bilbee then started to pull away to a full straight lead with two to go. Cottle took second away with two laps to go. Up front, it was all Bilbee, as he took the biggest win of his career ahead of Cottle, Max McGhee, and Dave Darland. Jon Stanbrough won the Indiana Sprint Car Series points championship by eight points over Darland. Brady Short was crowned the 2015 Bloomington Speedway Track Champion

8/22/15, 12:14 AM   #34
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

By far one of the best races i have ever seen at Bloomington, what a race cant wait for it to air on tv so i can watch it again.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, mowerman, tubemaster
8/22/15, 1:09 AM   #35
jim goerge

One hell of a race. Like Chris said at one point could have thrown a blanket over top 6. I too can't wait to see this race again on TV. I wish next year Bloomington would put a time limit on the race savers seemed every other lap had one spinning out or over the banks

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, mowerman
8/22/15, 1:13 AM   #36
jim goerge

Oh yeah Jen I tried to eat your share of the ice cream but 2 cups and I hit my limit. Cheer Shane on in the big cars, and wish I was with you guys watching the mighty midgets

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, racegal, wildman92
8/22/15, 2:50 AM   #37
Flatrightrear

Great show on a beautiful evening. Definitely one of Bloomington's best races that I've seen.

5 members like this post: Clydesdale, jim goerge, mc/rider, mowerman, tubemaster
8/22/15, 8:17 AM   #38
glittleton

Thank you for the great report guys - It is so difficult to find results - Indiana Open Wheel guys make it better.

4 members like this post: racegal, rapid robert, speed bump, tubemaster
8/22/15, 8:54 AM   #39
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Oh yeah Jen I tried to eat your share of the ice cream but 2 cups and I hit my limit. Cheer Shane on in the big cars, and wish I was with you guys watching the mighty midgets
Glad you got to see a great race Jim. I'll make up for Friday's ice cream deficiency today at the fair. 👍🏻

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
8/22/15, 9:26 AM   #40
cmiracingvids

One of the best races I've seen at Bloomington. If you didn't like that race...I feel bad for you. Great to see Bilbee drive his butt off to get the win.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, mowerman, racedave, tubemaster
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington SKM Updates