IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Races at Banker's Life
10/7/15, 5:34 PM   #51
Re: Midget Races at Banker's Life
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Man, Why the bad blood?
Looks like Ghertke was 24th sure didn't do that on his own
If there's anybody who deserves to be in this it's Chett. First class all the way.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, DAD, mike mcghee
10/7/15, 5:49 PM   #52
LEADERS EDGE

Chett is a great driver....could easily win it.

10/7/15, 6:12 PM   #53
Avon Open Wheel fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
If there's anybody who deserves to be in this it's Chett. First class all the way.

I totally agree got to meet Chett and watch him race for the first time at the Gloria Shipman POWRi D2 race in August at Thunder Valley. Took the Dad's Auto Sales Challenge and went from the very back to take the victory.

www.illinimidgets.com

10/7/15, 6:36 PM   #54
DaveP63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
You will not see this at Lucas Oil. Couple of reasons #1 Colts, turf on floor is permenate. They will not book anything big until after the playoffs. #2 Monster jam. You may say what does that have to do with anything, its a little non compete clause that they have in there contract. Can not have any motor sports events at the facility 2 or 3 months prior to or following the event. The chances of this happening at Lucas oil from Nov. to March are very very slim. To be honest, I'm really surprised Bankers life opened up. They have a chance to have a decent size track as 1 entire end opens up bigger than a hockey rink. Not sure where they could pit everything, but I will be there to see what they can do. I just hope everyone else that says they are coming, show up. Without a good crowd, this will be one and done. Time restrictions equal $$$$
If Forrest decides he wants a midget race at LO, there will be a midget race at LO. Still, very much looking forward to midgets at BLF.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, wilkey118
10/7/15, 7:11 PM   #55
cleatziff

I don't care what the bitchers say I am pumped for this race! Even it sucks its still better than the other race I was planning to go to that night...

10/7/15, 8:11 PM   #56
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
You guys crack me up. You guys complain that you want more races. You guys complain about a race that is going to happen. You guys complain about a great race that has happened but you got dirty, so it was the worst time ever. You guys wonder why promoters won't put on bigger races or races in general. Hell they get torn down before they even have a chance to happen. How bout this. We all enjoy life and for what it's worth. The friendships you make at the race track, just being able to go to the race track. I have a friend who has two kids. One is a 14 year old daughter who is battling cancer for her 3rd time and his 4 year old was just told he has cancer too. How bout we just all enjoy life and get off the back's of all the promoters in the country and enjoy the sport we love.
I would say that puts things in perspective

10/7/15, 8:14 PM   #57
TylerShoemaker

I remember Peoria, IL (Civic Center) had a USAC race back in the early 90's??

Tyler Shoemaker

10/7/15, 9:14 PM   #58
Beinthecircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Says 40 of the biggest names in midget racing will be invited. 50 loads of dirt... 800 feet of steel barrier. Are we talking about once in a while NASCRAP drivers and sprint car drivers who drive a midget once a year. The list will be interesting. The promoter has an address in Charlotte, NC....... Wasn't this already a failed attempt at Kemper Arena in Kansas City? By the reports it was an oversized 1/4 (.25) midget track. What's going to be different about this deal.
Way to be positive.

10/7/15, 9:30 PM   #59
Pat O'Connor Fan

Rich Vogler won at Scope Arena in Norfolk, Virginia in January, 1977.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner, treecitytornado
10/7/15, 10:16 PM   #60
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
You guys crack me up. You guys complain that you want more races. You guys complain about a race that is going to happen. You guys complain about a great race that has happened but you got dirty, so it was the worst time ever. You guys wonder why promoters won't put on bigger races or races in general. Hell they get torn down before they even have a chance to happen. How bout this. We all enjoy life and for what it's worth. The friendships you make at the race track, just being able to go to the race track. I have a friend who has two kids. One is a 14 year old daughter who is battling cancer for her 3rd time and his 4 year old was just told he has cancer too. How bout we just all enjoy life and get off the back's of all the promoters in the country and enjoy the sport we love.
This post is so true about ******** over any and every little thing. I am about ready to walk away from this site, know a lot of people will say good but it don't matter to me. This ******** is not even close to what Bill would want or allow.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Races at Banker's Life