IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
midgetmaniac (Offline)
  #1 1/14/13 2:22 AM
What beef did anyone have at the chilli bowl? I will come out say it first and that is "The Chilli Bowl has a Swindell problem". People are flat out tired of seeing the same sob's win. I am not crying over spilled milk because I respect Sammy and Kevin for what they have accomplished and their driving ability. However , I think this is starting to be a turnoff for many fans. Many people are going to stop shelling out the money knowing they are running for third. What is it about those 2 cars that are "so special". I have to much respect for the talented drivers , crews and owners to think that Sammy and Kevin have more knowledge or skill than people who do nothing but work full time just on midget racing where as Sammy and Kevin do not. My second beef was Jason Myers taking out Brad Kuhn for 12th place on the last lap. what did that give you Jason , an extra $20 I lost alot of respect for Jason for that move and to do it in a well respected first class midget owner's car.
5 Likes: dirtball, John P Huss, JON'S MOM, rachasin, Seadog
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #2 1/14/13 9:23 AM
People got tired of the King Winning all those races and championships for all those years too, but when you got your stuff together right and you are up on the wheel, it makes for a combination that is tough for anyone to beat.

Posted via Mobile Device
4 Likes: fish, Joe Kidd, JON'S MOM, spicoli
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #3 1/14/13 9:30 AM
It's that square tail tank.

36 Likes: 31bro, ByronMack, cmakin, D.O., DaveP63, davidm, dirt330, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, Drtchsr, fish, Geoff Kaiser, jim goerge, jjsprt92, John P Huss, koolaid89, KRJoyce1, mod4s, mtek56, Mud Packer, opnwhlmnd, PAW, Pedaltime61x, PIT CART, racefan20, RaceGirl06, Racer12, ronmil, scooter99, SETracing, Shawn, speed bump, Speedracer, Tony Barhorst, TQ97, worm
HARFprez (Offline)
  #4 1/14/13 10:05 AM
It's the same story, just years apart, they used to hate to see Rich Vogler show up...they used to hate to see the Lewis #9, #19, & #91's show up...etc. etc.
A dominating car and driver will remain at the top until they are knocked off, so now all you have to do is beat them, simple huh? bob.
5 Likes: DAD, interpreter66, Joe Kidd, K9Racer
DAD (Offline)
  #5 1/14/13 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by HARFprez:
It's the same story, just years apart, they used to hate to see Rich Vogler show up...they used to hate to see the Lewis #9, #19, & #91's show up...etc. etc.
A dominating car and driver will remain at the top until they are knocked off, so now all you have to do is beat them, simple huh? bob.
It's That Time Of Year.

Honest Dad himself
Joe Kidd (Offline)
  #6 1/14/13 10:19 AM
All five nights were won from the front row. Sammy and Kevin have invisible wings on their midgets.
backitin
  #7 1/14/13 10:33 AM
Its a great spectacle, not a great race. Enjoy it for what it is.
5 Likes: 1st, azchigh, DAD, Ricks Pics, speed bump
Geoff Kaiser (Offline)
  #8 1/14/13 10:49 AM
Maybe its the driver??????
5 Likes: DAD, fish, PatrickMead#13, Todd Kimmel
midgetmaniac (Offline)
  #9 1/14/13 11:09 AM
Don't think so , I think there are at least 10 drivers that do the same thing in those 2 cars.
Stealth87 (Offline)
  #10 1/14/13 11:18 AM
There is sooooooo much talent and money under that roof for them to make it look so easy year after year. Larson has won pretty much everything and he had to drive over the edge just to get ahead for a few laps. This trend is never going to stop unless they are taken out in someone elses mess (which just isn't the way I like to see racing). I respect the heck out of both of them, and Sammy is one of the best around for set up. But the way they make it look so easy just seems off....