IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racindude50 (Offline)
  #1 8/21/13 2:44 PM
It's with much sadness I wanted to let the racing community know about the passing of Howard Lehmann this morning. Howard was a fixture in the midget racing community for many decades, and helped so many along the way. Once arragements have been made, I will post them on here.

Please feel free to post some of your fondest moments of Howard on here.
STIDA.com (Offline)
  #2 8/21/13 2:51 PM
Sad news

Condolences to Donnie and the entire family. Gave me my first opportunity in a midget many years ago. RIP Howard

Posted via Mobile Device
mr nobody (Offline)
  #3 8/21/13 2:59 PM
I was just thinking earlier this week about Donnie and his family. They are great people. May God be with them during this difficult time.
Smeents (Offline)
  #4 8/21/13 7:35 PM
Howard was one of the best at actually building a midget from a bare engine block up. He forgot more about racing than many people will ever know. He was a close family friend and a great supporter of both my mom and myself when we ran the MARA midget group. He will be greatly missed.

RIP Howard

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: billwill7, gateway, mscs20
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #5 8/21/13 8:47 PM
Saw Donnie at Springfield. Great family, and they have my condolences.
wrtracing (Offline)
  #6 8/21/13 9:17 PM
One of the true gentlemen of motorsports. He was a true legend in midget racing. Sincerest condolences to the entire family. Godspeed Howard!

Ralph & Bill Taylor

Posted via Mobile Device
John P Huss (Offline)
  #7 8/22/13 1:00 PM
My thoughts and prayer's are with Donnie & family.
Howard was a class act.
Best Regards,
John
wingedsprint47 (Offline)
  #8 8/22/13 1:42 PM
Great guy, great family in racing. I remember when we got started out and bought our 410, we struggled with the fuel system and getting the motor to run right. Another racer recommended that we take the car to Howard so he could take a look at it. We took it over to Howard's shop and he got it running right. My prayers are with Donnie and the rest of the Lehmann family.

Posted via Mobile Device
coxie bowman (Offline)
  #9 8/22/13 3:12 PM
The Lehmann family ran with N.A.M.A.R.S. many, many times when NAMARS was quite active and traveled everywhere. You could always count on the family along with having their friendship.
Howard would help ANYONE that needed it.

R.I.P. Howard

Jack Calabrase
Pink Lady (Offline)
  #10 8/22/13 8:18 PM
Originally Posted by racindude50:
It's with much sadness I wanted to let the racing community know about the passing of Howard Lehmann this morning. Howard was a fixture in the midget racing community for many decades, and helped so many along the way. Once arragements have been made, I will post them on here.

Please feel free to post some of your fondest moments of Howard on here.
My condolence to Donnie & his family on the passing of Mr. Lehmann. No matter how things were going, he always has a smile on his face. Very intelligent man when it came to midgets.