IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4-crown
6/28/10, 11:23 PM   #1
4-crown
racefan20

Did anyone notice on the Eldora website that the Silver Crown and midget qualifying is on Friday with the WoO show??? My favorite moment in just about each racing season is midget hot laps from turn 1 at Eldora. Like bumblebees on the fresh track. Dont think I want to pay for a WoO show to see 'em though. I'll be at either GC or the Bloomington finale.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: jim goerge, Jimmydiesel, mowerman, SprintManDave
6/28/10, 11:48 PM   #2
Re: 4-crown
Jerry Shaw

After so many fans went there and were subjected to the "Dust Bowl" early in the race season, you would think that the track and USAC would owe us one, not take something away from us. Other than the track thinking that they can bait non-wing fans into paying to see a winged program, just to be able to see qualifications in the two other divisions, I just don't understand the reasoning behind this.

This is a bad deal.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/29/10 at 1:29 AM.

6/29/10, 12:06 AM   #3
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I just don't understand. Are they so arrogant that they think they can do anything they want and we will come mindlessly like lemmings or just plain nuts? The sad thing about all of this is that Eldora used to be a must-see track and the Four Crown Nationals one of the top events of the year. Sadly, this is no more. We can but hope that they come to their senses and somehow return Eldora to its glory days.

5 members like this post: GregD, JEFFSTOY, Jimmydiesel, mowerman, PIT CART
6/29/10, 1:56 AM   #4
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
... I just don't understand the reasoning behind this.

This is a bad deal.

Jerry
They have to do something to attract fans to a WoO show!!

2 members like this post: interpreter66, jim goerge
6/29/10, 6:20 AM   #5
BIGEBUDMAN

Not saying I think its a great idea but look at it another way. It might be a great way for some winged fans to see how great silver crown and midgets are. Eldora really picked up attendance when the added the WOO on Friday night. The 4-crown was not drawing people like it should before they did this. Just my two cents
Last edited by BIGEBUDMAN; 6/29/10 at 6:21 AM.

3 members like this post: apexonephoto, IndyBound, Wingman
6/29/10, 6:37 AM   #6
PAW

Here's to Eldora,

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/29/10, 7:29 AM   #7
wildthing1h

I have to agree adding the outlaws was a smart move in my mind. Allows the non wing fans and crew guys a chance to maybe see the outlaws who wouldn't get the chance otherwise. I know i'm glad to see them.
Posted via Mobile Device to me having the one day show is stupid. Allow all divisions to qualify on friday and run heats and everything on sat don't just limit it to the crown and midgets.
Last edited by wildthing1h; 6/29/10 at 7:32 AM.

6/29/10, 9:50 AM   #8
dustbowl

I think its great, it is an attempt to have the track in better shape on Saturday. 3 Divisions, all qualifying, during the day just kills the track. A lot of people go to both races anyway.

6/29/10, 9:50 AM   #9
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

I thought the track and USAC who owe nobody anything, already made a $10-12 USAC show on the Wednesday makeup.

The sense of entitlement and hanging on to the past forever is ridiculous.

Some of you are blinded by loyalty and tradition, you all believe non wing racing on dirt is the only form of racing. I respect that. But has anyone noticed that non wing racing has the most ride hopping of any form of racing I follow. Where is the loyalty and long serving binds in that?

I agree that some wing fans will be converted. Or is there a "no more joiners" mentality when it comes to welcoming new fans.

Wanting to see qualifying sounds as ridiculous as a NASCAR show saying "he won practice"....

6/29/10, 10:20 AM   #10
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbowl View Post
I think its great, it is an attempt to have the track in better shape on Saturday. 3 Divisions, all qualifying, during the day just kills the track. A lot of people go to both races anyway.
And a lot of people DONT go to both races, probably more than do go to both. Most will be at a real race at Bloomington or Gas City Friday night. Any driver planning to run Silver Crown or midgets now cant go make an extra buck Friday night.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: jim goerge, mowerman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4-crown