IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers
3/18/22, 9:04 AM   #11
Re: Tire Dopers
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint38racer View Post
So I am curious why the suspensions are for the next two events when the series rules states the minimum suspensions for any tire violations is one month or 4 races minimum? 🤔
I'd like to solve the puzzle Pat.

Penalty says "minimum of 1 month or 4 race suspension".

Since it's not a 4 race suspension and they have 2 races scheduled in the next month ....

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, sjracer26, tirespinner
3/18/22, 11:22 AM   #12
on_the_edge

Everyone is quick to judge before the whole story comes out. I think some light will be shed shortly on this whole situation once USAC announces their findings. A tire shortage and supplies to make the tires has been hard to come by. I think we might find out that the chemicals to make the tires has changed as they have had to substitute things to continue producing. I'm not an expert but just what I believe could have happened. Hard telling when the sample for the labs benchmark was taken and how that tire was made.

Went all year with no tires failing in usac and all of a sudden we have all kinds of failed tire tests at the beginning of the year. I can't imagine anyone doing anything to jeopardize their whole season the first races of the year knowing that both series well be doing full tech after the races.

Like I said some of you are very quick to launch stones but the whole story has not been told it sounds like.

3/18/22, 11:36 AM   #13
sprint38racer

And word on the street is those same guys plus two other USAC racers tires failed from the Bubba’s Usac races days later and it is being pushed under the rug and hush hush to protect their guys.

2 members like this post: dshort36, tirespinner
3/18/22, 11:44 AM   #14
on_the_edge

Quote:
And word on the street is those same guys plus two other USAC racers tires failed from the Bubba’s Usac races days later and it is being pushed under the rug and hush hush to protect their guys.
What if the word is all 6 samples from Ocala failed? Would you not think there is some problem with the test or the tires? Or you just have blinders on and say hang everyone? To go from no failed test in 2021 to every year failing on the first races something seems off.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, chrismattlin, DirtTrackTherapy16J, tirespinner
3/18/22, 12:02 PM   #15
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
What if the word is all 6 samples from Ocala failed? Would you not think there is some problem with the test or the tires? Or you just have blinders on and say hang everyone? To go from no failed test in 2021 to every year failing on the first races something seems off.
Has there not already been seven WoO races without any teams caught doping?

I don't doubt that the tires may have changed, but the Xtreme and WoO teams are both running Hoosier Tires with access to the Medium and H15.

Honestly, not surprised. What else are these guys getting away with..

5 members like this post: dshort36, otgracing17, spicoli, sprint38racer, tirespinner
3/18/22, 12:45 PM   #16
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Sour grapes from Sept 2020?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, K9Racer
3/18/22, 1:16 PM   #17
TQ29m

Sounds like nicecar and the lug nut rule, tire goes down, you slap the wall, lose that tire and wheel, then get dinged for an improper installation of the wheel, a lot in that rule I have a problem with, now it comes off leaving the pit, maybe, but this is all new stuff, would a grace period be in order, just sayin, I've been on the tech end and know not to make rules you can't prove at the track!

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, tirespinner
3/18/22, 2:16 PM   #18
Haulinmail

Exactly, cheating is cheating

2 members like this post: 2rock21, tirespinner
3/18/22, 3:09 PM   #19
racefan20

Quote:
Unless you are telling where "word on the street" came from then you wasted your time typing this.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, racenut69, sw1911, tirespinner
3/18/22, 3:35 PM   #20
sprint38racer

You betcha….. more to the story than you know. I’ll leave it at that.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers