IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Eatin Dirt (Offline)
  #1 9/29/08 2:32 PM
Was just at Tri-State Sat. for the MSCS race and admission was $20, why the $3 difference at The Burg ($23)?? Not that I really care I will be there anyway, but was just wondering. Seems the price would be the same for the same sanctioned cars. However that $3 could buy an extra cheeseburger!!! Bob Bressert :thumb
kylecumminsfan (Offline)
  #2 9/29/08 2:58 PM
do u really have to pay 10 bucks to park??
ThrottleHead (Offline)
  #3 9/29/08 3:55 PM
Originally Posted by kylecumminsfan:
do u really have to pay 10 bucks to park??
Only on the backstraight...... where you can have a cooler at. I believe the website explains that deal.....

http://www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com
Seadog (Offline)
  #4 9/29/08 4:29 PM
Originally Posted by Eatin Dirt:
Was just at Tri-State Sat. for the MSCS race and admission was $20, why the $3 difference at The Burg ($23)?? Not that I really care I will be there anyway, but was just wondering. Seems the price would be the same for the same sanctioned cars. However that $3 could buy an extra cheeseburger!!! Bob Bressert :thumb
Inflation has not hit the part of the country in the CDT zone as much as EDT zone area. Therefore, your ticket will cost more at the 'burg.:O:

All kidding aside, I think is is pretty much the promoter's call on that. Some want a little more of your money than others to pay that $10K to win purse. I'm like you, I might go anyway, but then again that's getting pretty close to my limit, especially considering all the money that I blew on racing this past weekend. The wallet is a little thin.
cecil98 (Offline)
  #5 9/29/08 4:30 PM
It's these big millionaire Wall Street race promotors gouging us poor little guys for our last three dollars. Looks like the kids ain't eatin' this weekend cuz I'm goin' to the races!!!! LOL
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #6 9/29/08 4:32 PM
Originally Posted by Eatin Dirt:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan
Just cruising remaining schedules of races that I may attend, thought I noticed that the Oct. 4th MSCS event was $23.00 for general admission.Is this a misprint? Dave Rudicell, care to comment?

Yes, general admission is $23 for adults, pit pass $30
Its a $10,000 to win show, with the best sprint cars in the country competing!!
I'd pay $50 or more to see this show!!
Dave Rudisell

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #7 9/29/08 4:53 PM
Sounds to me like The Burgs promoters have a new boat payment coming up soon.
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #8 9/29/08 5:02 PM
What is wrong with $23 for 10K

We just put on a $20,000 to win show at Brownstown a couple of weeks ago and charged $30, to where we had a packed house.

With the types of purses the promoters put on, these prices are necessary.
Z-man (Offline)
  #9 9/29/08 5:02 PM
If you don't like the admission price stay home. I for one look forward to this race all year long. Glad to see the GA go up instead of the back gate. Maybe you can get a $3 coupon off general admission if you lose more than $250 across the street.
1021gpa (Offline)
  #10 9/29/08 5:05 PM
wasnt there someone on here couple of weeks ago ******** about the same thing? if you cant afford the extra $3 stay home and watch a movie with the wife..