IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi "Midget Madness" Charlene Meents Memorial This Sunday!
9/2/14, 11:39 AM   #1
POWRi "Midget Madness" Charlene Meents Memorial This Sunday!
don hoener

Sunday Fun Day @ Belle-Clair Speedway
Attached Images
Belle_Clair_Sept_7_Flyer.jpg (870.3 KB, 73 views)

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, racenut69
9/3/14, 8:59 PM   #2
Re: POWRi "Midget Madness" Charlene Meents Memorial This Sun
Andrew S. Quinn

Belle-Clair Meents Memorial 9/7/14

POWRi to Visit Belle-Clair Speedway for the Final Time of the 2014 Season at the Charlene Meents Memorial
POWRi is scheduled to visit Belle-Clair Speedway on Sunday, September 7th for the 10th Annual Charlene Meents Memorial. This will be POWRi’s last visit to the Belleville, IL track this year. Since its inception in 2005, the Charlene Meents Memorial is an event that both fans and drivers look forward to all season. Recent past winners of the Charlene Meents Memorial include Zach Daum in 2013, Austin Brown in 2012, and Brett Anderson in 2011.

The event is held in honor of former Midwest Auto Racing Association President, Charlene Meents. During her years with MARA, Meents was instrumental in keeping midget racing alive in the Midwest, especially the St. Louis area. She also played an important role in maintaining MARA’s presence in some of the country’s largest and most notable races, including the Belleville Nationals and the Chili Bowl Nationals. Though she passed away in August 2003, Meents is remembered by many as the friendly face who welcomed them to each MARA event. Along with her friends and family, the Charlene Meents Memorial keeps her racing legacy alive.

Just as Meents contributed much to midget racing, several additional sponsors have contributed to the Charlene Meents Memorial. A big thank you to all of the following people and businesses:

T-Shirt Sponsors - Hoosier Tire Midwest, In Memory of Howard Lehmann, Grosvenor Trucking, Siner Transport Co., Billings Bodywork Medical Massage, Spike Chassis, Lakeland Square Maytag Laundry, 4 Left Turns, and Horsepower Inc – Indy.

Heat Race Winner Sponsors – Shannon McQueen Racing, Harlan & Ty Hulsey Racing, and the French Family

Heat Race Second Place Finisher Sponsors - Product certificates, Rod End Supply and Hinchman Indy

B-Main Non-Transfer Sponsor – Horsepower Inc – Indy

Heat Race High Passing Points Sponsor – Daum Crop Insurance

A-main Hard Charger Sponsor – Anonymous donor of $200

All Race Winners Sponsor – 4 Left Turns

A-Main Lap Sponsors – In Memory of Chad McDaniel, Spike Chassis, Quick Racing, 4 Left Turns, Daum Motorsports, B&J Windshield Repair, Grosvenor Trucking, Bill Willis, Roof Bolt Express, Harlan & Ty Hulsey Racing, In Memory of Howard Lehmann, Canham Graphics, Siner Transport, The Dean Billings Family, Hoosier Tire Midwest, Randy Meyers Racing, Lakeland Square Maytag Laundry, In Memory of Michael Temares, Horsepower Inc – Indy, Kevin Crowder, Julie Novosel, and In Memory of Morty

Prior winners:
2005 –Matt Sandy
2006 – Mike Hess
2007 – Brad Loyet
2008 – Brett Anderson
2009 – Brad Loyet
2010 – Brad Loyet
2011 – Brett Anderson
2012 – Austin Brown
2013 – Zach Daum

Paige Elbe
POWRi Media
pelbe@kbrperformance.net

3 members like this post: billwill7, luckybuc97, Smeents
9/3/14, 10:36 PM   #3
Smeents

I hope everyone can make it out this weekend. POWRi runs the best midget show in the business so don't worry about it being a Sunday night!

Here are the T-shirts for this years event!
Attached Images
image.jpg (752.3 KB, 44 views)
Last edited by Smeents; 9/3/14 at 10:38 PM.

4 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97, rachasin
9/3/14, 10:37 PM   #4
Smeents

Here's the back including some great sponsors and the prior winners.
Attached Images
image.jpg (496.5 KB, 37 views)

9/3/14, 11:36 PM   #5
ISF

Gonna' make the trip down I 55 from The Springfield Mile following the conclusion of the Bettenhausen Memorial to Belle-Clair for the Meents Memorial.

I used to spend the weekend after Labor Day at Eldora for The World 100 but haven't done the World in about 8 or 9 years and don't miss it one little bit. In fact, I wouldn't trade this weekend of racing at Macon, Springfield and Little Belleville for a half dozen World 100's!!

5 members like this post: billwill7, Kansasdirtfan, luckybuc97, Task Force, vitron
9/4/14, 12:53 AM   #6
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Absolutely would not miss this.

9/4/14, 3:14 AM   #7
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Gonna' make the trip down I 55 from The Springfield Mile following the conclusion of the Bettenhausen Memorial to Belle-Clair for the Meents Memorial.

I used to spend the weekend after Labor Day at Eldora for The World 100 but haven't done the World in about 8 or 9 years and don't miss it one little bit. In fact, I wouldn't trade this weekend of racing at Macon, Springfield and Little Belleville for a half dozen World 100's!!
I got shotgun!

1 member likes this post: ISF
9/4/14, 10:45 AM   #8
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan View Post
I got shotgun!
I'm thinkin' you probably do! LOL!!

9/4/14, 7:05 PM   #9
racenut69

^^^ Bump ^^^

9/5/14, 2:08 AM   #10
bmemmer

Can't wait to make one last trip to belle clair this year!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi "Midget Madness" Charlene Meents Memorial This Sunday!