IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ISP1700 (Offline)
  #1 10/3/14 1:00 PM
This is you chance to see some exciting pavement winged sprint racing at Salem Speedway. The Must See Xtreme Sprints really put on a good show and they are fun to watch. The field is usually 18-24 cars. This is the race that was rescheduled from the August rainout. Why is nobody talking about this?
ronmil (Offline)
  #2 10/3/14 1:26 PM
Originally Posted by ISP1700:
This is you chance to see some exciting pavement winged sprint racing at Salem Speedway. The Must See Xtreme Sprints really put on a good show and they are fun to watch. The field is usually 18-24 cars. This is the race that was rescheduled from the August rainout. Why is nobody talking about this?
Probably because the focus has been on the Gold Crown, and also I believe the interest of most IOWers is skewed toward dirt tracks. A lot of people lost interest in this historic race when USAC quit sanctioning it, and low car counts for the Must See Xtreme Sprints. They are spectacular to watch at Salem, actually scary fast. I believe the August date wasn't a rainout, but was changed because the track was partially repaved, and needed time to cure. Haven't decided yet whether I will attend Flora, Salem or perhaps just take the night off.

Ron Miller
2 Likes: FishBurger, rdzsprint
Joey Woods (Offline)
  #3 10/3/14 3:28 PM
Going as of right now
1BIGracefan (Offline)
  #4 10/3/14 3:31 PM
I'm going the speed is going to be just incredible since part of the track has been repaved.
midnightrider (Offline)
  #5 10/3/14 6:31 PM
I want to go. I hope someone does a shirt for this race. I have a large collection of them from this race.
ASPHALT24 (Offline)
  #6 10/3/14 6:45 PM
It is going to be very cold at Salem tomorrow night. I wonder how the new asphalt held up after the ARCA race a few weeks back.
ByronMack (Offline)
  #7 10/4/14 7:43 AM
I'd like to go, but since I'm getting married today, I'd say my fiance/wife would be a little upset lol
5 Likes: Danny Burton, FishBurger, i love dirt track racing, ronmil, team3521
Bubzilla (Offline)
  #8 10/4/14 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by ByronMack:
I'd like to go, but since I'm getting married today, I'd say my fiance/wife would be a little upset lol
So how long are you going to wait before you tell her she's spending her honeymoon at the racetrack?

(And congrats!)

Joe Mc.
7 Likes: ByronMack, Danny Burton, i love dirt track racing, rdzsprint, ronmil, SPRINTCAR, team3521
ByronMack (Offline)
  #9 10/4/14 8:56 PM
Originally Posted by Bubzilla:
So how long are you going to wait before you tell her she's spending her honeymoon at the racetrack?

(And congrats!)
Luckily I found a wife that will go to the races with me, so looks like we'll be celebrating our anniversaries at Salem