IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Joe James/Pat O'Connor Memorial Saturday Night
10/3/14, 1:00 PM   #1
Joe James/Pat O'Connor Memorial Saturday Night
ISP1700

This is you chance to see some exciting pavement winged sprint racing at Salem Speedway. The Must See Xtreme Sprints really put on a good show and they are fun to watch. The field is usually 18-24 cars. This is the race that was rescheduled from the August rainout. Why is nobody talking about this?

1 member likes this post: racegal
10/3/14, 1:26 PM   #2
Re: Joe JAmes/Pat O'Connor Memorial Saturday Night
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISP1700 View Post
This is you chance to see some exciting pavement winged sprint racing at Salem Speedway. The Must See Xtreme Sprints really put on a good show and they are fun to watch. The field is usually 18-24 cars. This is the race that was rescheduled from the August rainout. Why is nobody talking about this?
Probably because the focus has been on the Gold Crown, and also I believe the interest of most IOWers is skewed toward dirt tracks. A lot of people lost interest in this historic race when USAC quit sanctioning it, and low car counts for the Must See Xtreme Sprints. They are spectacular to watch at Salem, actually scary fast. I believe the August date wasn't a rainout, but was changed because the track was partially repaved, and needed time to cure. Haven't decided yet whether I will attend Flora, Salem or perhaps just take the night off.

2 members like this post: FishBurger, rdzsprint
10/3/14, 3:28 PM   #3
Joey Woods

Going as of right now

10/3/14, 3:31 PM   #4
1BIGracefan

I'm going the speed is going to be just incredible since part of the track has been repaved.

10/3/14, 6:31 PM   #5
midnightrider

I want to go. I hope someone does a shirt for this race. I have a large collection of them from this race.

1 member likes this post: Honest-Sam
10/3/14, 6:45 PM   #6
Re: Joe JAmes/Pat O'Connor Memorial Saturday Night
ASPHALT24

It is going to be very cold at Salem tomorrow night. I wonder how the new asphalt held up after the ARCA race a few weeks back.

10/4/14, 7:43 AM   #7
ByronMack

I'd like to go, but since I'm getting married today, I'd say my fiance/wife would be a little upset lol

10/4/14, 11:34 AM   #8
Re: Joe James/Pat O'Connor Memorial Saturday Night
Bubzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronMack View Post
I'd like to go, but since I'm getting married today, I'd say my fiance/wife would be a little upset lol
So how long are you going to wait before you tell her she's spending her honeymoon at the racetrack?

(And congrats!)

10/4/14, 8:56 PM   #9
ByronMack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubzilla View Post
So how long are you going to wait before you tell her she's spending her honeymoon at the racetrack?

(And congrats!)
Luckily I found a wife that will go to the races with me, so looks like we'll be celebrating our anniversaries at Salem

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Joe James/Pat O'Connor Memorial Saturday Night