IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bostonian (Offline)
  #1 8/24/20 3:43 PM
Living here in MA, and reading all the posts about FloRacing on here I decided to sign up on Saturday to watch the night before the 500. When I logged on to the site I didn't see anything about the cost, but it was close to race time so I clicked the join button. I didn't see any price on the sign up page so I filled out the information and presto, I was watching qualifying! So after the midgets finished qualifying I checked my email and noticed I was charged $150 for 12 months! Not for a month, but the whole year. So I looked into the cancelation pollicy and that was a joke. The reason why I even gave the thought of joing was there "cancel at any time guarantee". So I cancelled after 10 minutes. They sent me an email staiting my cancelation and I could enjoy the next 30 days. Then I got an email with a discounted offer which I declined. It wasn't that I didn't like what I had watched, it was more about how they presented the site. I shouldn't have needed to go searching for the cost. It's not the first time I've paid to watch raicing etc,. I checked my credit card and it showed -$150, +$150, and then -$29.99!! So now there charging me $29.99 for a month that I didn't even ask for. I'm not saying that it's not worth the $. It's just anytime that I've signed up for something that comes with a $ cost, there's usually a note or box to check that say's, when you click you agree to pay such and such amount and I didn't see any of that.

Okay, I'm done venting now. Thanks for reading.

Bostonian
wildman92 (Offline)
  #2 8/24/20 4:25 PM
We signed up 2 years ago so we don’t remember the exact process. However, if your credit card was charged you had to have put that info in when you signed up. A site wouldn’t ask for your credit card info if they didn’t intend on charging you. I don’t enter my credit card info without knowing exactly what I’m being charged for.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
10 Likes: bvall24, Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, Jonr, JustAddDirt69, nathans1012, OnTheHammer, opnwhlmnd, progressive22, skids59
dkdorkboy (Online)
  #3 8/24/20 4:42 PM
I signed Saturday also.It was pretty clear that it was $29.99 monthly or $150 for the year.Watched a bunch of racing Sat night and the Silver crown yesterday.I can see already it will be well worth the money spent.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, JustAddDirt69, opnwhlmnd, skids59
Bostonian (Offline)
  #4 8/24/20 4:52 PM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
We signed up 2 years ago so we don’t remember the exact process. However, if your credit card was charged you had to have put that info in when you signed up. A site wouldn’t ask for your credit card info if they didn’t intend on charging you. I don’t enter my credit card info without knowing exactly what I’m being charged for.
I know. I'm not saying I'm not to blame for the initial gripe. I think seeing the cancel at any time and knowing that they have been around for a while had me feeling to comfortable and not checking everything out first. I don't get to see BS III race that often anymore and seeing that the show was starting I was too quick to click

I do know I was thinking that should I cancel it would probably be pro rated. Insted I was still charged $29.99 after canceling. When I've paid for Asphault Vision it always showed the price for the event, you couldn't miss it if you tried.

I got to watch the Hoosier 100 for the first time live last night, and I'll watch the Little 500 so all in all it's all good. I just wish they posted the cost up front. Maybe my aging eyes missed it.

P.S. I feel for all the teams who were caught up in the early wrecks last night. Kody Swanson had a weekend of Highs and the Lows. Just glad they're all alright.
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #5 8/24/20 5:36 PM
Hang in there Bostonian. I've had flo for over a year now and the subscription prices were posted when I purchased it. I spent the whopping $150 for the year and have felt it was a good deal so I renewed recently. There is a lot of racing to watch, I think you'll get to like it.
8 Likes: Bostonian, Chief Wahoo, duel, erich45, JustAddDirt69, Rapid Rick, skids59, WinglessLovers
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #6 8/24/20 6:22 PM
Originally Posted by Bostonian:

I do know I was thinking that should I cancel it would probably be pro rated. Insted I was still charged $29.99 after canceling.
So what did you expect after watching the Hoosier Hundred live? They should refund all of your charge?

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
Bostonian (Offline)
  #7 8/24/20 7:21 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
So what did you expect after watching the Hoosier Hundred live? They should refund all of your charge?
The Hoosier 100 was a day after. Being from MA, I follow Bobby Santos III. I was following USAC on twitter for the night before the 500 updates. They posted a link to floracing to watch it live as the qualifying had begun. So I clicked on the link and it brought me to the sign in page. Seeing I wasn't a member I needed to sign up. I watched the last 5 minutes of the midget qualifying then it ended. Within minutes I canceled my annual subscription due to the price after recieving my email reciept. It was after they refunded me, they charged me for a month which I didn't ask for. That's what made me
Rapid Rick (Online)
  #8 8/24/20 8:39 PM
Originally Posted by Bostonian:
The Hoosier 100 was a day after. Being from MA, I follow Bobby Santos III. I was following USAC on twitter for the night before the 500 updates. They posted a link to floracing to watch it live as the qualifying had begun. So I clicked on the link and it brought me to the sign in page. Seeing I wasn't a member I needed to sign up. I watched the last 5 minutes of the midget qualifying then it ended. Within minutes I canceled my annual subscription due to the price after recieving my email reciept. It was after they refunded me, they charged me for a month which I didn't ask for. That's what made me
They also have replays from old races on there all the time. If you look, I bet you can find some races with the Boston Louis Seymour #29 from the 70's and 80's.
Offroadrace_814 (Offline)
  #9 8/24/20 10:10 PM
Some of the best money I have spent during this Covid Virus. I signed up in June. I have already gotten my monies worth.
3 Likes: dirt330, duel, erich45
Points (Offline)
  #10 8/25/20 12:47 AM
I suspect you got sticker shock as you were not planning on the purchase before hand. As you said you happened across a link. I had been thinking about it for some time since Feb. when Usac started in Florida. I usually make 30-40 races a year in person so I held off. Then the world went off the rails so in June I was ready. I knew from threads here the $150 yearly price but I spent some time clicking around for the other options. If I remember its one of those sites that you have to give them all your info (except payment info)before you see the pricing. Anyhow no problem I knew all ready.

Since June 14th I have watched 73 events and only 4 of those have been in person the rest on Flo. I used to follow on twitter also but the Flo is way better. For a while there was a race every night. Sometimes two. One night I even had Three screens going. thats a bit dizzying.

I love the on demand replays as I often get home from work near the end of the show. The replays are up within 30 minutes usually and I have also found out I do not need to even wait for it to be over. You can open up the live feed and click the progress bar back to the beginning to watch from the start. Just be careful not look at who is in victory lane when it first comes up and spoil it .

I get the surprise you got but If you got a month now give it some use. It may hook you. And don't forget all the other sports are included also. I got into watching cycling ( tour de France type stuff). That has started back up and have seen a dozen or so of those events also. I am almost starting to feel a bit guilty, my per event cost may be less than fifty cents by the time my year is up.
3 Likes: Bostonian, erich45, Longtime sprinter