IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Updates Here
8/31/14, 11:10 PM   #21
Tumey's 55

It was a classic Kokomo night. It appeared at the start that it would be retro night with Cottle taking the lead in the 10e. However he biked it twice and the second time smacked the wall with the right rear and was done. You could tell he knew he had a good opportunity to win by how hard he was pushing it. The remainder of the race was Clauson cat fishing the bottom and Grant going top water. After the false checker and restart Grant held off Clauson but just barely. Tonight we witnessed what makes Kokomo good, both the top and bottom were fast. O'Connors worked the track before the feature to produce a racy track. In the heats it was bottom only. Very nice crowd and an excellent night of racing. BTW, the mod race was a hoot until 2nd and 3rd dropped out with issues.

3 members like this post: Justigit, mc/rider, speed bump
8/31/14, 11:19 PM   #22
treecitytornado

If only 24 cars, wonder why they ran a B?

8/31/14, 11:44 PM   #23
Re: Kokomo Updates Here
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
If only 24 cars, wonder why they ran a B?
Ummmm maybe because they start 20

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, BrentTFunk, crp26, cwfan08, mowerman, TQ97
9/1/14, 12:19 AM   #24
treecitytornado

In these tougher times some tracks will start up to 24 even when they normally start 20.

9/1/14, 12:35 AM   #25
triplexxx

Jt why do u always ask stupid questions?

9/1/14, 12:41 AM   #26
streetglider

JT, in these tough times how many promoters would shell out 5 to 10k for fireworks to honor a guy that gave his life for our sport ?? Oh but wait .... You were at home arm chairing when you could have been at Kokomo supporting the track and the memory of V.O. Don't ever doubt the logic or the blood, sweat & tears that the O'Connors put into this deal ! They go above & beyond week in & week out to provide a good solid show . Maybe if you would run there occasionally you might see that first hand

9/1/14, 12:47 AM   #27
treecitytornado

Cripe why are you an a hole? My question wasn't stupid, your remark as usual is. I asked because The Burg, Putnamville, and others have started a field up to 24 cars to help those out that made the tow! I'm glad they honored Vince, but Fireworks don't help the 4 cars on the trailer.Sorry Streetglider, but Sundays don't play into the schedule of the guys that help us. This weekend we had a funeral too. I do like the O'Connors track prep, they do a great job!
Last edited by treecitytornado; 9/1/14 at 12:49 AM.

2 members like this post: dirtfan98, Spindler31
9/1/14, 2:09 AM   #28
19racer

There was no way could finish the feature with a car upside down in the middle of the track in turn 2. Just won't take the risk or chance that's why a one lap Shootout.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08
9/1/14, 5:29 AM   #29
triplexxx

Jt that wasn't the first stupid question u ever ask so we are used to it by now.

3 members like this post: cjm3535, fish, monkeyboy
9/1/14, 10:21 AM   #30
treecitytornado

I'm used to your ways too. Nothing stupid about helping only 2 more guys start the feature and not load them up! My good buddy, Steve Thomas, from Illinois was one of them. Only an extra $310. Think a little about the other teams!
Last edited by treecitytornado; 9/1/14 at 10:26 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Updates Here