IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 166 fontana help
3/2/10, 7:09 PM   #1
166 fontana help
bam

trying to get all my fuel settings right this is kicking my ... i know i am close but it is still running lean just needing a little help

3/3/10, 11:02 AM   #2
Re: 166 fontana help

Have you had the pump checked & flowed? If you have a diaphram high speed, is the rubber diaphram OK?

3/3/10, 7:50 PM   #3
BRENT

I chased a fuel problem all season one year. I tried what I knew, what friends knew, but I finally fixed the problem after a call to Kinsler, and a run on the dyno. Just been minor adjustments since then.

3/4/10, 11:19 PM   #4
jontheturboguy

Just a question since we don't know your back ground.... do you know how to tune an injection system?

3/5/10, 4:14 PM   #5
dant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontheturboguy View Post
Just a question since we don't know your back ground.... do you know how to tune an injection system?
Just as important...what makes you think your runnning lean.motor heating up?idle/ WOT? Now don't get me wrong,putting the motor on a dyno's a good idea..but i'd feel like a fool if the problem was the low-speed stuck ,open-barrel valve not right,weak fuel pump,pin hole in suction side line fuel systm ,or even the timing retarded caused the motor to heat...a more clear description of the issue and some one might have a solution for you..good luck

3/6/10, 8:13 PM   #6
Vinyl Works

For a sure way of geting your settings correct. Call Brad Kuhn or Rick at Fontana Engines. They are located in Rochester,IN in the same building as Gearte engines. The number to reach Brad is 317-373-0351.
If Brad cant help you he can get Rick's phone number. They offer chassis dyno service at that location. I would reccomend that, Its not that expensive and it will answer all your questions. Plus you will get the most out of your engine and your fuel system will be set.

Scott

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 166 fontana help