Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ARCA today
9/1/14, 10:37 PM   #1
ARCA today
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Stuck around today for the ARCA race . I had never been to one . That sucked ! I don't count passing lapped cars as passing. Thinking stock car people go see this stuff just to say they were at the races. This thing was soooo far from the race that the silver crown race was ..... My girlfriend said it perfectly " sounds like racing and smells like racing but it's not racing." God bless those teams , owners , and drivers but give me open wheel please.

9/1/14, 11:34 PM   #2
Re: ARCA today
RoyaltonMiniSprint

Right there with you;nothing like them silver crown cars echoing off of the aluminum bleachers at DuQuoin!!!

9/2/14, 7:38 AM   #3
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
Stuck around today for the ARCA race . I had never been to one . That sucked ! I don't count passing lapped cars as passing. Thinking stock car people go see this stuff just to say they were at the races. This thing was soooo far from the race that the silver crown race was ..... My girlfriend said it perfectly " sounds like racing and smells like racing but it's not racing." God bless those teams , owners , and drivers but give me open wheel please.
smart woman

1 member likes this post: speed bump
9/2/14, 3:06 PM   #4
wrtracing

It would be nice if they could run the Silver Crown cars Saturday night & then run the ARCA race on Sunday night. I think it would help the racing tremendously. That late summer sun cooks all the moisture out of the track for the afternoon races and makes it dry slick & dusty. It would be nice not getting bbq'd in the stands as well. But I guess a concert has more profit potential to it. Racing sure has to fight an uphill battle every step of the way!

9/2/14, 5:17 PM   #5
DaveP63

Many moons ago, they ran an ARCA race at the Vigo County Fair (THAT). It was one of the best races I've ever seen. Cover the first two with a blanket after the whole distance.

9/2/14, 6:24 PM   #6
bn kleen

Give me open wheels or real dirt late models any day over arca or nascrap

1 member likes this post: smith19
9/2/14, 8:37 PM   #7
ISF

I love the Silver Crown cars as much or more than anyone and far and away prefer open wheel cars to ARCA or modifieds on dirt, or most anything else that races on dirt. Generic unlimited dirt late models don't do anything for me either.

That said, the race Labor Day Monday afternoon is the worst ARCA race I've seen at Du Quoin and I've seen 20 of them dating back to 1994.

I'm not making excuses for the ARCA guys and have no particular allegiance to the sanction or the participants, but believe me when I tell you Monday was by far the exception and absolutely not the rule. Those guys, a lot more often than not, put on a great show at Du Quoin. And that goes for Springfield, as well.

The ARCA dirt races should not be judged by this year's race at Du Quoin.

1 member likes this post: Russ
9/2/14, 9:15 PM   #8
ThePurple73

I have seen a few ARCA races. I have no knowlege about what engines... etc....they run.

When I was growing up I used to see the IMCA stock cars at fairgrounds tracks and seemed the races were always competitive and exciting. Drivers like Ernie Derr, Don White, Ramo Stott, Lenny Funk and others were some of the big names. But it seemed real exciting. It seemed exciting to me because they seemed so much like street cars that raced. Maybe they had all kinds of "modifications" and I just didn't realize it at the time. I can't remember seeing a USAC stock car race, maybe they were similar.

I also remember the fairs would have the IMCA sprint cars the same week end and a bunch of the drivers that raced at Knoxville would race IMCA also. Drivers were people such as Jerry Blundy, Jim Moughan, Hank Smith, Ray Lee Goodwin, Lonnie Jenson, Dick Sutcliff. No roll cages, you held your breath every lap, it would wear me out to watch.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 9/2/14 at 9:17 PM.

1 member likes this post: ISF
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ARCA today