IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > so you hit the lottery
8/23/09, 1:07 PM   #1
so you hit the lottery
5JMOFFATTFAN!

so you hit one hundred and fifty million on the powerball.. and you are going to start 2 usac teams and 2 woo teams...... who would you hire? they CANNOT be a usac or woo driver currently.... my usac team would be jeff BLAND jr. and Jon Stanbrough....but after last night with short flying and jon doing nothing i beleive I would maybe use short instead.. my woo team would be the most under rated driver out there ..... DALE BLANEY and jason johnson.. just blaney alone would bring me some income back.... Cant wait for the hoosier fall classic

8/23/09, 1:20 PM   #2
Re: so you hit the lottery
stanbrough4presidentgo53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5JMOFFATTFAN! View Post
so you hit one hundred and fifty million on the powerball.. and you are going to start 2 usac teams and 2 woo teams...... who would you hire? they CANNOT be a usac or woo driver currently.... my usac team would be jeff BLAND jr. and Jon Stanbrough....but after last night with short flying and jon doing nothing i beleive I would maybe use short instead.. my woo team would be the most under rated driver out there ..... DALE BLANEY and jason johnson.. just blaney alone would bring me some income back.... Cant wait for the hoosier fall classic

I would pay DC92 and Blake FITZ to drive my USAC team.. and get Tyler Walker and Jeff Bland Jr in my Woo team.. I liked how he ran with them at TSS earlier this year

8/23/09, 1:46 PM   #3
sprintcar3cfan

My USAC team would be Hud Cone and Kyle Cummins and my Woo team would be Darron Clayton and Tyler Walker.

8/23/09, 2:27 PM   #4
c47

jon stanbrough and steve buckwalter
tyler walker and tim kaeding

8/23/09, 2:36 PM   #5
Bubzilla

Quote:
who would you hire?

I wouldn't have any money left over to start the teams after I bought the brewery, ***** house, and a Winnebago.

8/23/09, 2:51 PM   #6
Rpracing1

I would hire a full time driver, SUPERDUKE, for my new $400K motor home and hire a full time chef , Rachel Ray, to prepare all of my meals so I can go and watch all of the races.

Oh yeah, to answer your question, I would be the driver for both cars and series!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 8/23/09 at 3:07 PM.

8/23/09, 3:03 PM   #7
Evil E

Well, after the lottery takes their cut and you pay Uncle Sam you're left with about $12 million. After your family, friends, ex-wives, mistresses, girlfriends and bill collectors are done fleecing you you'll have about $7 million. I was told it would take about $2 million to build a top notched WoO team (i.e. brand new truck, trailer, motors, cars, spares, tools, shop if you don't have one etc.) from the ground up. That's probably high but that was the amount I was given by a highly repsected Outlaw driver.

I'm sure some of the equipment is a one time buy. You won't have to buy two of everything. So lets say $2.5 million for the two Outlaw teams without turning a lap. Hopefully, you can find some sponsorship. That's unless you're connected to the manufacturers and can get deals, or you hire a driver who can bring money and deals.

I'm not sure how much a USAC sprint team would cost to start from scratch, but you're already running out of money. At about $500 thousand a year to run one Outlaw team you'll be broke and living in your parents basement in about three years. How about one really strong team and invest the rest?

Now to answer question. Brian Montieth and Chad Kemenah would be my Outlaw drivers. Steve Buckwalter and Dave Darland would be my USAC drivers. Sorry for being a jerk.
Last edited by Evil E; 8/23/09 at 3:05 PM.

8/23/09, 3:57 PM   #8
torsionbar

I don't think I would do a full USAC thing because I wouldn't have the asphalt stuff. The USAC sprints on asphalt is a joke. Don't know how many fans show up for that, but I wouldn't pay to get into a race that only gets about 15 cars. As far as the outlaws, I would just skip that and go to my local parade in town. Same thing pretty much, NO PASSING! But I would build a 2 car non-wing team and I think I would put TONY JONES in one car and SHANE COTTLE in the other.

8/23/09, 5:45 PM   #9
Gregg

Not really interested in the wing stuff. How about four non-wing sprints with Moffatt, Beauchamp, Light and Boespflug.

With a four sprint car team I ought to make a small fortune in a year.

8/23/09, 6:09 PM   #10
dirtywhiteboy

My USAC team: Mike Hess and Scott Hatton

My WoO team: Ryan Bunton and Terry McCarl

1 member likes this post: billwill7
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > so you hit the lottery