IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > question for push truck driver
3/25/16, 6:10 AM   #1
question for push truck driver
1021gpa

My daughter who has cancer and loves sprintcars one of her things she has always wanted to do is be a push truck driver I think just so she can be around them more anyway my question is how do u get involved in it just show up at track and tell them u wanna push or contact track before hand? We live in north vernon with all sprint shows they have and the ones brownstown has would be close to home for us this is one of her bucket list things she wants to do so gonna try and make it happen for her this year

3/25/16, 8:24 AM   #2
team3521

Good luck with that man. Post some pics when you make it happen. 👍

1 member likes this post: Racer1039
3/25/16, 8:34 AM   #3
LJC77

I would contact both the track and the sanctioning club.
Some tracks provide the push trucks, and others it's up the the club to provide the trucks.
Make sure your push bar is the correct height, I've had my tail destroyed by a truck that ran over the top of me, and you have a 4 wheel drive V-8. I've also seen guys rear ends break from a weak push truck.

3/25/16, 8:58 AM   #4
Leohr46

Get in touch with Keith at Paragon. Or p.m. me and I can get you set up with my brother in laws father. He pushes at Paragon the nights that I run there. We will get her up close even back in the pits. So Sorry to hear about her cancer. I will do anything I can for her to have a wonderful evening at the track.

3/25/16, 10:39 PM   #5
Re: question for push truck driver
Bad Dad 54

Go to www.jimmyjeep.com there is all the info you'll need, if you see Jim Knapp ask him, he's a regular at LPS, he lives in Terre Hautte area & is on FB under James Knapp. Hoping for the best for your daughter

3/26/16, 6:27 AM   #6
1021gpa

Thanks for all the info guys and to the guys who have pm'ed me and made offers for my daughter to get close to sprintcars and be involved with their race teams all I have to say is sprintcar drivers,tracks,owners, fans are truly some of the most awesome people I have ever seen

3/26/16, 4:30 PM   #7
Pushtruck

I am heading back to Indiana from Florida this week. PM me if she would like a front seat ride to see what this gig is all about at Lincoln Park Speedway or the Terre Haute Action Track. I coordinate the push trucks for both tracks.

Joe Chambers
Official Push Trucks

3/27/16, 12:34 PM   #8
slickpick

If your ever at the Bloomington speedway, I coordinate the push trucks there. We were at brownstown last night discussing your daughter. Any of the push trucks at Bloomington would be more than happy to let you jump in and ride.

Mike Pickens

3/27/16, 2:01 PM   #9
PushEm

I am a push Truck for Paragon Speedway and will gladly help in any way that I can. I fill in at other tracks when called so I'm sure one of us in Indiana can get your daughter in one.
Last edited by PushEm; 8/12/16 at 7:15 AM.

3/27/16, 4:08 PM   #10
Midget 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
Good luck with that man. Post some pics when you make it happen. 👍
Not sure I understand your negative post. Sounds like several are willing to help. God bless them.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > question for push truck driver