9/7/13, 10:49 AM   #41
Re: Four Crown at Eldora
rchick

Thanks for the feedback. I am planning to go

3 members like this post: dirt330, PIT CART, racing2bwithu2
9/7/13, 11:22 AM   #42
monkeyboy

If you go to oakshade and know links get him to come out guy is a great time.

9/7/13, 11:31 AM   #43
Sprintcarfanatic

rchick, you have waynesfield on a weekly basis running non wing. It's usually a pretty good show. I think you'll be satisfied with seeing all 3 divisions in 1 night, it's the only time you will.

Somebody give Mike Brecht a ride in a Silver Crown car. I believe he has 2 starts & the 1st was from deep in the field & he finished 3rd maybe 2nd I know he has a 2nd & 3rd in them the 2 times he ran.

I used to get upset at the name calling but I won't stoop to that level, to those of you that choose to do so I'm so delighted that everything in you're world is perfect. I'll still call it as I see it. A lot of people liked & likes Kevin Eckert, Even he voiced his opinion about something he didn't like about Eldora & got the boot.

As Johnnythunderhead said do not go to a afternoon race at Eldora, One year the night before the royal got rained out & they had it Sunday afternoon, I looked at my brother & just started laughing, besides having a facefull of dirt he/we had little black specks all over from the rubber.

9/7/13, 11:46 AM   #44
duel

I have been to all the usac crowns. Great event. Midgets are something to see. Sprints always have a good car count. Hoping Brian Tyler can get a champ car ride for this show.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer, johnnythunderhead
9/7/13, 12:01 PM   #45
micro94

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchick View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I am planning to go
Yes rchick you will enjoy the racing. What it used to be or not the 4 crown is still the 4 crown. There will be good wheel to wheel racing and it will be very memorable. I haven't been for years myself but just happen to be on vacation this week so I am taking the wife and headed over this year to campout and enjoy the company as much as the racing. See you there and enjoy!!!

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
9/7/13, 1:19 PM   #46
racenut69

See post #30,above.NO TIME TRIALS,Please!...Also,No-Wings,NIGHT RACE ONLY,and run the Hardest Rear Tire they make!..I hope this "Newbie" is thinking right?
Last edited by racenut69; 9/7/13 at 1:20 PM.

9/7/13, 3:32 PM   #47
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchick View Post
I am a new member, joined about 6 weeks ago. I've been a big dirt fan for the last years, but my local tracks are oakshade and freemont so I've mainly followed latemodels and winged sprints. This year I really got hooked on non wings due to this board and a subscription to USAC TV. I hope o see my first no winged event at the 4 crown, Its relatively close and will give me a chance to see all 3 classes on Saturday. I am really excited, but some of these posts have got me discouraged. This site has helped me get excited about nonwings, but sometimes you are your own worst enemies with all the negativity. I am sure I will have a good time because I have nothing to compare it too. Just try to stay positive for the sake of us new fans (even if I'm not young).
Welcome aboard, nice to have a new insight and a positive one at that. The Four Crown is a good time and I am sure you will enjoy every bit of it. We used to sit in section E right at the end of the overhang (Roof) two rows up and your out of the rain if it should rain. Also please make it a point to go into the infield and watch the hotlaps going into one/out of two then run to the other end and watch them going into three. After hot laps head up top and enjoy a great night of racing, Tony is carrying on what Earl started and in our opinion and that is taking care of the fans first.

Jerry

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Tumey's 55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Four Crown at Eldora