IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City updates??
7/26/08, 11:03 AM   #31
Re: Gas City updates??
jason_rc_racing

not 100 % sure but i heard they had 28 truck loads of new dirt on the track last nite. :applaud:,

7/26/08, 11:26 AM   #32
HarleyHoney

Just had to say kudos to the 17B of Brett Burdette. Good job buddy. Keep it up!

7/26/08, 12:48 PM   #33
Onlydirt

I will admit I was a little worried about how the feature was going to turn out after that last B main with the cars doing about 15mph in the corners. Good job reworking the track and bringing back a great track for the feature. I had my glasses up on the top of my head the entire night, no dust in my eyes.

7/26/08, 1:02 PM   #34
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBSU23 View Post
Bland got into AJ hard passing for the lead in turn 3. Some part came flying off of AJ's car and he was never the same after the contact. AJ let Jeff know he was unhappy after the feature.

Ron Dennis's crash was very hard. Hopefully he is going to be okay with no major injuries.

The track was very racey tonight. Darland was a rocket and only needed another lap or two to continue the side by side battle. Great field of cars for a great price.
Not saying this did or didn't happen, but I am sure the same thing has happened with other racing incidents, including AJ and a host of other drivers.JMO:angry-smiley-007:

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

7/26/08, 4:31 PM   #35
racefan20

Looked like a racin deal to me. It didnt look blatant at all

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/26/08, 5:03 PM   #36
backitin

That's right, Hetser. Defend your Bloomington boys at all costs, as usual. Barf.

7/26/08, 11:36 PM   #37
BrianBSU23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Not saying this did or didn't happen, but I am sure the same thing has happened with other racing incidents, including AJ and a host of other drivers.JMO:angry-smiley-007:
I didn't say it was blatant or intentional. I just said it happended and it did. Bland is a gasser for sure at Gas City.

7/26/08, 11:58 PM   #38
38DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
That's right, Hetser. Defend your Bloomington boys at all costs, as usual. Barf.
:rolling:moon: Thanks:loser:

7/27/08, 11:26 AM   #39
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Wish they would have reworked the track for the A main of Sprintweek. :action-smiley-049:
It has been posted elsewhere on IOW that Jiggs wanted to rework the track and was stopped by the sanctioning body. If that is true, it must have been because it is more important to be done by 10:00 or whatever than it is to provide a good race for a packed house in ISW.
Yes, I know I'm just a bitter old man.

7/27/08, 12:04 PM   #40
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
It has been posted elsewhere on IOW that Jiggs wanted to rework the track and was stopped by the sanctioning body. If that is true, it must have been because it is more important to be done by 10:00 or whatever than it is to provide a good race for a packed house in ISW.
Yes, I know I'm just a bitter old man.
I'm a bitter old man to but i also read in another post that they just should have reworked the track anyway, what would have happened? All the same fans and drivers were coming back to the same track the next day so who cares if you spend some time trying to make the track better. It's not like everybody had a cross country drive to get to the next race. I know it's in the past and over but i get frustrated when we travel 6 hours to see Sprintweek for the first time thinking the track work would be re-done before the A.

What i don't get is if Jiggs makes the call on a rain out why the :censor: can't he make the call on reworking the track? Seems to me that those two things should go hand in hand as a promoters call. I know not every race will be a classic and we will come back to Gas City in the future.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City updates??