IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Hulman Classic
2/9/08, 3:01 PM   #1
Tony Hulman Classic
chrismattlin

What's up with this USAC "mainstay" event being scheduled on a Thursday night? I see there is a miget race on that following Saturday up in Wisconsin, but what gives? It just really upsets me because it'll be tough for me to make that trip on a weeknight. The Hulman Classic has always been one of the most prestigious events on the calendar since it's inception, and now it gets bumped.......... for what? I understand that there has been alot of questions to be answered about the "Action Track", but (I'm lost for words). :doh: :crying:

2/9/08, 3:10 PM   #2
Re: Tony Hulman Classic
cecil98

Just when we thought things were going to get better over there. I guess you and I need to find Greg Staab and take him out to the woodshed for a sound thrashing, Chris!!:O: (Just kiddin' Greg!)

I agree, Chris. It should be a weekend event!

2/9/08, 3:20 PM   #3
D.O.

Carb Nite Hulman Classic ! Might make travel tough but it ties into Indy and Terre Haute so I would expect a lot of local support on both ends seeing how Mike King is the IMS Voice.
USAC Sprint cars in the infield where you can talk to the drivers and buy T-Shirts. PriceLess!
Davey Hamilton is part of the new group maybe he can stage an infield t-Shirt contest in Honor of Mr. Happy.

See you there.
:dologob:

2/9/08, 4:25 PM   #4
Dwight Clock

Yes, it will make travel tough for some, me included. But I will be there. Wednesday - Neibel Classic for USAC sprints @ Anderson, Thursday - Hulman Classic for USAC sprints @ Terre Haute, Friday - Hoosier Hundred for USAC SC @ Indy Fairgrounds, Saturday - Little 500 for sprints @ Anderson and Night before the 500 midgets @ ORP, Sunday - Indianapolis 500 @ IMS.:thumb:checkered::checkered::checkered::checke red::applaud:

2/9/08, 4:30 PM   #5
racefan20

I'm with you Dwight. I already told the wife not to expect to see me much that week.....unless she wants to go to the races

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2/10/08, 5:45 AM   #6
petey

I like the date for the Hulman myself. Was the original date for the Jack Hewitt classic at Kokomo but I now see that that race is on the first weekend of May. I'm planning on coming up for Terre Haute, Gas em' up City, Larryburg and Haubstadt for a kick ass weekend of racing!

2/10/08, 10:29 AM   #7
affordableawards

It will Be hard for some people but look at the bright side of it theres going to be a race at Terre Haute without old DA

2/10/08, 10:32 AM   #8
Tim Watson

I agree that weeknight races are tough on fans for travelling and i don't know how everybody's job deal plays out but anytime we want to travel to a race i need to take some vacation days. It's this simple, if you have the days built up to take vacation you go to the races. If you don't you might have to miss out on something. :greenflag:

2/10/08, 10:52 AM   #9
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I'm with you Dwight. I already told the wife not to expect to see me much that week.....unless she wants to go to the races
I got just the opposite problem. I can not go to a race unless my girl friend goes with me.

I could probably lay out drunk all night and nothing would be said, but go to a race and not take her, holy hell would break loose.

2/10/08, 12:02 PM   #10
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
If you don't you might have to miss out on something. :greenflag:
That is not an option:headbang

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Hulman Classic