IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo
6/13/17, 2:15 AM   #71
flagboy55

I have only actually met a few of you. Thanks to my buddy Merrillville Al, I've known and been friends with Brent for quite a while now. I always respect his opinion, but I think we might taking his "your not here" out of context. Nate, I couldn't agree more with your statement on your dedication to the sport in spite of the fact you can't make every one. I love this sport almost as much as anything else in life, but I also love my family, and they are not all race fans. Also someone has to work and pay the bills and cut the grass and clean the gutters. Therefore I can only go to the races when I can, but I would put my passion for racing up against anyone, regardless of how many race's they attend. If I can't comment on a race I didn't attend, I will turn in my IOW license

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dstensland, OnTheHammer, oppweld
6/13/17, 3:44 AM   #72
flagboy55

One more thing from my perspective as a few of you have already implied, no video, professional or otherwise will keep me from going to the track, if I can make it. I used to have the periscope app on my phone, but took it off and because almost all of the video is not worth watching for more than a minute or two.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/13/17, 9:05 AM   #73
TBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I'm not the smartest bulb in the box, but I would like for someone to explain to me why someone would actually pay for a Facebook Live post? Or was that not the actual case as reported? Just dumbfounded? Not sure how that could possibly even work? Please clarify. No controversy, just trying to comprehend. Thanks in advance!
The person filming with cell phone would make a post that if enough people or dollar amount donated to his PayPal account that he would broadcast it live...after a certain dollar amount...so ya get 10 people to donate 5.00 each and now he's made 50.00 to stream the amain from his cell phone...

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/13/17, 10:12 AM   #74
Re: Kokomo
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
The person filming with cell phone would make a post that if enough people or dollar amount donated to his PayPal account that he would broadcast it live...after a certain dollar amount...so ya get 10 people to donate 5.00 each and now he's made 50.00 to stream the amain from his cell phone...
Got any proof of this? I mean the post should be easy to link too. Should be dozens of examples too if it does happen. The two or three I know that sometimes stream, never asked for a thing. Not saying it never happens anywhere but the bearing false witness isn't cool either.

I didn't have any problem with the I wasn't there thing. I get what Brent was saying. Stay positive. support your tracks. I used the "You weren't there" thing in the Lawrenceburg thread when someone made a comment about them not using the water truck, And they WEREN'T THERE
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/13/17 at 10:13 AM.

1 member likes this post: fish
6/13/17, 2:09 PM   #75
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Got any proof of this? I mean the post should be easy to link too. Should be dozens of examples too if it does happen. The two or three I know that sometimes stream, never asked for a thing. Not saying it never happens anywhere but the bearing false witness isn't cool either.

I didn't have any problem with the I wasn't there thing. I get what Brent was saying. Stay positive. support your tracks. I used the "You weren't there" thing in the Lawrenceburg thread when someone made a comment about them not using the water truck, And they WEREN'T THERE
That is true. Way too much in it and will explain to you in person some of the particulars, but TBONE was spot on.

6/13/17, 2:32 PM   #76
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

If someone's profiting off a stream and isn't approved. Im not for that at all. Like I said, The couple i seen asked for nothing that I know off, Can't find a mention of Pay this and I'll do that on any of their pages.

I'll just reiterate what I said from my view of it. It made me want to visit and enjoy the new stands. Without the wind and sun in my face, They ain't nothing like I envisioned them to be, Out in turn three, They also free up some space. Unless I was on the isle before, I couldn't move. very tough for a disabled guy, but it is easier if there is space to get around.. I don't give Kokomo the props they deserve sometimes. A sunday program is hard to pull off. get competitors and fans too and home at a decent hour. And to have a racing surface that is almost always stellar.

See you at the races.

6/13/17, 3:10 PM   #77
JarrettFarms73

My take on Kokomo 6/11...

It was great to finally see some sprint car/ midget racing. Never dreamed my daughter graduating HS would delay it to this late in the year.
How awesome that Pickens still made his qualifying spot after taking a tumble in hot laps and didn't hesitate to put it right back on the lip!!
Brady Bacon in a back up car running it like a scolded dog off its leash!!!
I'd argue the KKR total dominance is officially over... Nice run by Spencer btw. I thought he bought it a few time getting into two but he held it and gapped it back out!
Kudos to Kokomo for making the call to use the track prep time to scrap the sprint car B main and instead, run them all in the A. The driver redraw in front of the crowd was super cool.
I love the small group feel that is local dirt track racing. Where you can shout out a "Roll Tide" in appreciation of KTj, talk to the Darland family, while sitting directly behind some of the Clauson Marshall ladies, rooting for them all. Admittedly some more than others but still fans of what they all do.
Sprint Car A: I could say that it was a great race, or i could say it was just average. Both statements would be true because the average race at Kokomo IS a great race! Couldn't decide whether to watch DD in the 40, or KTj rip the lip. Both were worth the price to get in!! don't wait. #gyatk
Lastly, meeting Michael Pickens was pretty dang cool. I knew the name already but his battle w/ Larson in 2011, and MAVTV only solidified that sentiment. He was fantastic as are all the Kiwi fans.
Bottom line. Another great night spent w/ my brother at the dirt track. Man do i love it!!!

6/13/17, 3:10 PM   #78
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
That is true. Way too much in it and will explain to you in person some of the particulars, but TBONE was spot on.
I love you Brent and almost always agree with you. This isn't one of those times.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
6/13/17, 3:42 PM   #79
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
See you at the races.
Or Facebook Live...

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Nate, wildman92
6/13/17, 5:23 PM   #80
racenut69

Life was so much better before "smartphones"...,.JMO!...

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART, Rapid Rick, TBONE
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo