IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Budget
1/25/20, 2:00 AM   #21
Re: Chili Bowl Budget
jdull99

Nice to see talk of buying T-shirts...also, don't be afraid to slap some $20s(+) on the low-dollar teams even, with guys who don't even have T-shirts. I sure appreciated fans (many from this site), who did so the year KO drove my car (as I had no business taking a car there/being any sort of car-owner, lol - but at the time, even tho I was sick, it was the only place I wanted to be! - & we got way more sponsorship with KO driving than we me! lol). The reality is, the Silly Bowl pays very little for the fact you basically HAVE to be there for a full week (barely worked out for T-mez leaving this year!), so if you have any extra in your budget, don't be afraid to find a team struggling for gas $ to get back home, or looking to buy a new tire to help compete thru the week! They will much appreciate it!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 1/25/20 at 2:01 AM.

1/26/20, 1:34 AM   #22
Dirteater

I just made my 5th trip in 6 years to the Chili Bowl. I’ve averaged roughly $1500 per trip. That’s been between flying & sharing a room split 3 ways or driving from Ohio & splitting the cost 2 ways with room & fuel. Room avg $40-$55 a night for my share depending on where we stayed at over the years. We would eat at a restaurant during the day (BurnCo, Fatguys, ect..) with a good size meal, then a fast food joint on way back to hotel/house after the races. Drank some beer during the week, but never from the Expo at their prices. Always got snacks & beverages in through different ways. You can make it cheaper by what you eat & drink & lodging. I have always done reserved seats with full week pit upgrade combo.
Can’t wait to go back next year January.

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Budget