IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble in Fort Wayne -- Friday results
12/31/11, 12:40 PM   #11
Re: Rumble in Fort Wayne -- Friday results
wbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
If Ft. Wayne was indeed a 1/6th mile, that would work out to 76.6 mph. Sorry, but if the midgets were turning laps in the high nine second bracket at Du Quoin--which likely is pretty close to a 1/6th--I find it hard to believe that the lap times were two seconds faster at Ft. Wayne. Coke syrup is sticky, but it's not supernatural.
There is so much grip the cars want to turn over in the corners if they go in a bit too hot. I have been around coke syrup racing in the wintertime for the past 10 years or so and would say the times and speeds are accurate.

12/31/11, 1:55 PM   #12
Wendy Atkin

FYI -- Ben Quinones' car has been repaired and he'll be racing again tonight in the winged outlaw modified midget division. His sister, Amanda, was scheduled to be in the car tonight, but she is allowing Ben to remain in the seat. By the way, some Rumble fans may remember their sister, Ginny (who twice finished fourth in the midget feature in the Rumble in Fort Wayne). According to her father, Victor, she has landed what apparently will be a full-season ARCA ride with Bob Schacht Motorsports. She tested at Daytona earlier this month. She landed the sponsorship package herself and does not have to bring any personal money to the deal, Victor said.
Last edited by Wendy Atkin; 12/31/11 at 1:56 PM.

2 members like this post: Danny Burton, mod4s
12/31/11, 3:02 PM   #13
jts machine shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
What happened to all of the 1000cc Mini-Sprints?

Posted via Mobile Device
they all blew up at lawrenceburg super speedway lol

1/1/12, 11:55 AM   #14
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
JT, I'll give ya 3 guesses, and the first 2 don't count! Bob!
We had more in the stands watching us screw up than we had on the track screwing up. We did have about the best 1000cc drivers in the nation their racing and putting on a pretty good show on 10 year old tires.

Old worn out hard Hoosiers were at a premium. I ran a McCreary on my left rear that I bought to run 16th st with, several many years ago.

Wish JT could have got a ride. We would have loved to race with him. You know Bob he started in mimisprints (I arranged his first test ride in a mini back in 19??). He then moved up into TQ's and then sprints and midgets. I did offer him a ride in one of my 600cc cars but he declined. That is ashame because we had a young lady up here with a 600cc car that did quite well on the little track, she is one good little driver.

Wish these guys would wake up so we could head home.

DAD himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/1/12 at 12:00 PM.

1/1/12, 12:05 PM   #15
Colin25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
We had more in the stands watching us screw up than we had on the track screwing up. We did have about the best 1000cc drivers in the nation their racing and putting on a pretty good show on 10 year old tires.

Old worn out hard Hoosiers were at a premium. I ran a McCreary on my left rear that I bought to run 16th st with, several many years ago.

Wish JT could have got a ride. We would have loved to race with him. You know Bob he started in mimisprints (I arranged his first test ride in a mini back in 19??). He then moved up into TQ's and then sprints and midgets. I did offer him a ride in one of my 600cc cars but he declined. That is ashame because we had a young lady up here with a 600cc car that did quite well on the little track, she is one good little driver.

Wish these guys would wake up so we could head home.

DAD himself
well said dad I agree. There were some great mini sprint drivers there and the young girl did a great job both nights. I had fun up there not the best luck but we all still had fun!!

1/1/12, 12:14 PM   #16
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts machine shop View Post
they all blew up at lawrenceburg super speedway lol
Nope the AMSA cars 2 or 3 of them went to Tulsa. We had 10 at the "RUMBLE". I think money is the problem "gas money" in particular I spent $150.00 getting here and expect to spend $200.00 getting home gas cost more here. But we still got the most inexpensive open wheel racing there is out there and darned near the fastest also. we use all the high tec stuff electronic injection, computer control and even that new drive system "CHAIN" And we even managed to do what very TQ drivers have done. We beat not one but two "AMBROSE BROS". We dont do that very often.

We are HIGH TEC racers.

DAD himself

1 member likes this post: Bradleyracing86
1/1/12, 3:20 PM   #17
treecitytornado

Would have loved to run wheel to wheel with Doug and the Ambrose boys too. We have all had a lot of great wheel to wheel races over the years, for sure! I do miss that!

If I never said thanks, for arranging that ride after the show, that September night at Little Salem in Mark's car, it's because I never knew.

THANK YOU DAD, AND I HOPE TO RACE WITH MY FRIENDS AT LEAST A COUPLE OF TIMES, THIS COMING SEASON!

GO GET THAT MMSA TITLE DOUG!!

Posted via Mobile Device

1/1/12, 8:15 PM   #18
stif racing

DAD and Colin25 thanks for the comments about my daughter, she enjoyed racing with you guys this weekend. I think it was some good clean racing hope everyone enjoyed it. Thanks Again!
Steve

1 member likes this post: DAD
1/1/12, 8:39 PM   #19
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stif racing View Post
DAD and Colin25 thanks for the comments about my daughter, she enjoyed racing with you guys this weekend. I think it was some good clean racing hope everyone enjoyed it. Thanks Again!
Steve
She is an impressive young driver, agressive and clean. no problem racing with her. For drivers fresh off of dirt they all did a good job. I had no idea there were that many old tires out there. Get her in a 1000cc sprint and come on down race with us.

DAD himself

1/1/12, 8:44 PM   #20
stif racing

she has a FOZ with a 1000cc and hope to run some different tracks this year, we normally run Waynesfield asince it' close to us. Thanks Again!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble in Fort Wayne -- Friday results