IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC & IRacing
3/19/20, 5:06 PM   #1
USAC & IRacing
BradBurk

USAC needs to looking putting on a IRacing series for the USAC drivers to complete in during the shutdown of all sports.

Yahoo new: In lieu of actual race, Fox Sports 1 to broadcast iRacing event featuring NASCAR drivers

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fox-spo...201327200.html

3/19/20, 5:38 PM   #2
richie

Stay tuned...

3/20/20, 8:51 AM   #3
Re: USAC & IRacing
Rpracing1

This is a joke , right?

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, PIT CART
3/20/20, 10:31 AM   #4
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
This is a joke , right?
Not a joke.

3/20/20, 12:51 PM   #5
SDHill89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
This is a joke , right?
Why would it be?

3/20/20, 9:42 PM   #6
flagboy55

It’s a joke to me. Not that people do it, I think it’s great and actually plan on doing it someday myself, but I have absolutely no interest in watching it. My take only, nothing against anyone who does. But I’m like “would you watch flag football?” Besides if I need some racing there’s so much archived content of races I’ve never seen and even great ones I would watch again. One example is Kinser and Haud on the Syracuse Mile. I could watch that daily and still be entertained

5 members like this post: J Watson, luckybuc97, PIT CART, Rpracing1, Speedmax3
3/21/20, 5:38 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

They do it anyway. Playin is one thing, Watching VR is another.
Meh

2 members like this post: flagboy55, PIT CART
3/21/20, 6:52 PM   #8
SDHill89

Instead of looking at it as a negative we should look at the positives since we can’t race anyway. It keeps people engaged, gives drivers and series a place to promote their sponsors while they can’t race right now, and since other series with larger fan bases are doing it, it gives dirt racing a chance for more exposure.

Also a lot of young people are interested in it and there’s always talk of reaching young fans and keeping them interested so here’s an opportunity to try something.

2 members like this post: erich45, trannyman
3/22/20, 4:44 PM   #9
Sprints fan 11

Believe it or not it was a good race. The last 5 laps was close racing. 4 cars going in the final lap could of won. Hamlin beat Dale Jr coming off 4 with a little banging. Not the same but it was something live.

edit. Please dont shame me but I was desperate 😃
Last edited by Sprints fan 11; 3/22/20 at 5:00 PM.

3/22/20, 5:01 PM   #10
AJMartin

Swindell Speedlab did a race earlier this week with quite a few open wheel racers. It was with street stocks (easier to drive) at Charlotte and while it had quite a few cautions that I think they will get worked out and hopefully do it again. It was very well done (minus the numerous cautions) that I believe that fans would like to be a part of. The big thing was they were able to tap into the audio portion of the racers racing during it. I figured NASCAR would have done more of that today but that to me is what the fans want to experience and be a part of as it allows them to connect with the drivers. Just my opinion, but even once real racing comes back after everything passes, I think there is a market that can continue to be tapped into allowing "inside" connections with the racers and help grow with fans.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC & IRacing